Author Topic: 5422 Alpine Lodge  (Read 8908 times)

Offline townklicky

• Playmo Enthusiast
    • Coffee and Play
5422 Alpine Lodge
« on: March 09, 2013, 14:00:54 »
Today, I got 5422 Alpine lodge and 5426 Cable Car, Both fantastic sets, but the Alpine lodge was not System X, (not one X piece or a yellow tool in site) Instead it is a slot system, with tabs more like steck, however will not combine as is different thickness and really can only be put together as instructions state. I was sure Playmobil had confirmed this was system X a while ago...

Really great content included, with a proper pub bar with a beer pump on it. Very solid when built and will fit in well.

I will post some pictures once camera battery is charged.
Constantly rebuilding my playmobil town called Playmacia (pronounced PLAY MAKER)

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
Re: 5422 Alpine Lodge
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 14:34:32 »
This is great news, so looking forward to seeing some close up pics.  Thanks so much.
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 15:05:08 »
Not system x!? You're right, I'm positive that they confirmed in the PCC that it was system x! ??? Anyway... I'll be interested to see the new system, and some close-ups and different angles. Is the system customizable, meaning if you had more than one alpine lodge, could you expand it (if it weren't for the roof)?
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 15:15:56 »
This is bitter sweet news. I so wish playmobil would abandon the clip system. I and my sons would have wanted to expand this building into a properly sized mountain house or lodge but noooo. I guess Geobra does not want us buying the same set x10 and they need to cater to the unimaginative, uncreative, non engineering, whinny parents and their boring offspring

The bar and tap sounds interesting and we will look forward to your pictures.

Thanks for the info

PS, your right about Geobras answer

"PCC MemberPermalink Reply by PLAYMOBIL® on October 22, 2012 at 18:05

Dear Rasputin,

The chalet is completely made of System X.

Your PCC team
"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 16:29:43 »
The instructions are available for download, which makes it pretty clear. I wasn't too keen on it at first but after looking through the instructions I think it is going to find a place as a restaurant/Biergarten in the Alpine section of my zoo. Looking forward to your review

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 17:36:02 »
Thanks Tim.  I had no idea the plans were already available.   :wave:
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline nunney

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 19:17:49 »
Today, I got 5422 Alpine lodge and 5426 Cable Car, Both fantastic sets, but the Alpine lodge was not System X, (not one X piece or a yellow tool in site) Instead it is a slot system, with tabs more like steck, however will not combine as is different thickness and really can only be put together as instructions state. I was sure Playmobil had confirmed this was system X a while ago...

Really great content included, with a proper pub bar with a beer pump on it. Very solid when built and will fit in well.

I will post some pictures once camera battery is charged.

thanks for the post. really looking forward to the pics and your thoughts about the cable car.

I guess Geobra does not want us buying the same set x10 and they need to cater to the unimaginative, uncreative, non engineering, whinny parents and their boring offspring

in fairness, most people aren't buying 10 sets of  a playmobil release or able to maintain stockpiles of toys the way that it appears you and perhaps other collectors are. i know it's disappointing that this item was misrepresented to you by a few employees at playmobil (maybe i would be upset also)  but isn't there a better way to voice your criticism about the direction of a private corporation's creative decisions without ad hominem attacks against parents and children?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 19:55:48 by nunney »

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 02:49:18 »
thanks for the post. really looking forward to the pics and your thoughts about the cable car.

in fairness, most people aren't buying 10 sets of  a playmobil release or able to maintain stockpiles of toys the way that it appears you and perhaps other collectors are. i know it's disappointing that this item was misrepresented to you by a few employees at playmobil (maybe i would be upset also)  but isn't there a better way to voice your criticism about the direction of a private corporation's creative decisions without ad hominem attacks against parents and children?

In all fairness (and in a spirit of mediation!) Rasputin did not say parents and children were that way - he was stating, I believe, that Playmobil seems to be designing to a low common denominator rather than making the sets ever greater or building on what they had.

It's not a building toy system anymore. It's just a toy now.

The first sets were labeled as "Playmobil System" to show their interconnectivity and expansion potentials.

In fact, Herr Brandstatter expressed his surprise the newer sets were a different construction system!  He didn't even know what his own company was doing (they did not inform him or ask or consult about changes being done!).

Parents have actually complained in the past about the numbers of small pieces and how they get lost easily! 

I guess a company doesn't want to potentially lose business by telling a parent they should be more responsible and to actually teach that to their children.  The "customer is always right" syndrome (which, of course, defies rational thought.)

Offline townklicky

• Playmo Enthusiast
    • Coffee and Play
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 12:35:54 »
Here are some photos to show the tabs  building system of this building plus the front, back and set up.
Constantly rebuilding my playmobil town called Playmacia (pronounced PLAY MAKER)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 13:07:07 »
Thank you very much for the photo's and the review! I've been looking forward to seeing this up-close.
It looks very charming.

I'm not too disappointed that it isn't system-X. Most small system-X buildings are not really expandable either (the game keeper's lodge, the small farm house ... > all come with big roof and front pieces that cannot be taken apart). The upside is that there are no holes in the walls and floor pieces everywhere.