Author Topic: 4053 train set  (Read 3100 times)

Offline EDWINMODELS

• Playmo Fanatic
4053 train set
« on: August 12, 2006, 19:27:42 »
Just won on Ebay a mint in box 4053 train set (the engineering train). However in the packet of accesories there are a collection of elongated U shapped clips in black and am not too sure what they are for

Regards
Craig

Offline EDWINMODELS

• Playmo Fanatic
Re: 4053 train set
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 19:45:12 »
Just looking through the site and I found that Arab warrior has played a guessing game in the past with this part. It appears to be attaching two ladder sections together. However there is only one ladder in the train set ??

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 19:53:37 »
If they are like the attached picture, then they are used to fasten two wooden ladders together. I always use four, two per side, and carefully glue them to the lower ladder of the pair, leaving the upper one free to slide.  (See second picture.)

Yes, that's right - you found out just as I was about to post.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline EDWINMODELS

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 20:00:00 »
Thank you for that but why would they place them in a set with only one ladder ?

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 20:12:36 »
The plans show two ladders, so presumably either your set is missing one (which it shouldn't be if it was in a sealed box) or PM dropped a ladder at some time and didn't update the plans and remove the clips.

Spare ladders are still available from DS.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline EDWINMODELS

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2006, 20:22:58 »
The spare parts packet was sealed except for a one inch gap were the seal had come apart (not ripped). It reminds me of the story of the chap in a match factory who had the idea of saving a farthing on each box by only placing the sandpaper on one side instead of both.