Author Topic: 70939 + 70940 Series 24  (Read 2945 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: 70939 + 70940 Series 24
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2023, 08:34:26 »
In British English, lever and fever are pronounced in a similar way, with ever and never being similar to one another, but different from lever and fever.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2023, 09:29:59 »
There must have been a shortage of razors in Playmoland, and what is with that eyeless caveman?! Poor guy.
It's a shame that they didn't follow through with the concept on the statue. I'm on the fence about the sorceress. Those eyes are a bit creepy. The cosplayer has some nice parts.
I like the knight, the pilot, the paralympic athlete (he needs an accessory though), the bus driver, the unicyclist, and the falconer. But this series is lacking in showstoppers.

There was a time they also used a BUNCH of those unshaven heads in sets - or I just happened to get those. I generally don't like them (probably well known from The PROCESS) - but easy enough to sort.

I usually like the eyes very much - when not printed in the forehead, making the klickys look moronic - it's the mouths I don't like, when they are bright red, or worse, those ugly  Ayuma ones...

The statue was a huge let down... But there is the blue alien.. :love:

In British English, lever and fever are pronounced in a similar way, with ever and never being similar to one another, but different from lever and fever.

I think I missed something... :P

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2023, 00:16:33 »
I'm on the fence about the sorceress. Those eyes are a bit creepy.

Go for it! The figure is definitely lacking in accessories, but I think the colours work quite well (and look better in real life than they do in some pictures).

There was a time they also used a BUNCH of those unshaven heads in sets - or I just happened to get those. I generally don't like them (probably well known from The PROCESS) - but easy enough to sort.

I don't mind them as much as you do, but they are certainly less versatile.

I usually like the eyes very much - when not printed in the forehead, making the klickys look moronic - it's the mouths I don't like, when they are bright red, or worse, those ugly  Ayuma ones...

I seem to be getting quite a lot of heads with printing errors that misalign eyes and mouths lately. :-\ I definitely prefer the classic heads with moulded faces.
~Pynedor~

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2023, 06:55:33 »
Yeah, the red mouths are less than ideal.

I understand the caveman and the pirate not getting a shave, but even the tennis player?! And if the head is printed, you can't erase the stubble.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2023, 09:35:36 »
... (and look better in real life than they do in some pictures).

Especially mine.  ::)

I don't mind them as much as you do, but they are certainly less versatile.

I just don't like them. Like those "angry" brows. On a matter of principle, because as long as they are not a rare skin color, I don't really give a darn, in practical terms - it's just getting a plain one.

I seem to be getting quite a lot of heads with printing errors that misalign eyes and mouths lately. :-\ I definitely prefer the classic heads with moulded faces.

Almost all the idiotic heads suffer from that - spirits especially. And those are not easy to replace - at least for me. If they were molded, we could at least use them (with a plain face), and not have the klickys look like morons.

Yeah, the red mouths are less than ideal.

I find them ugly :(

I understand the caveman and the pirate not getting a shave, but even the tennis player?! And if the head is printed, you can't erase the stubble.

I have no need to erase them, I don't lack plain ones (well.... maybe in dark tan) - but I don't like them.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2023, 01:48:32 »
Especially mine.  ::)

Yours are great! It's difficult to show the unique colour of the head and hands, but it's easy to see in your pictures (especially in the one with the friend with the brown hat, who looks great by the way). :D

Almost all the idiotic heads suffer from that - spirits especially. And those are not easy to replace - at least for me. If they were molded, we could at least use them (with a plain face), and not have the klickys look like morons.

The best ones always seem to have problems. :(
~Pynedor~