Author Topic: 3037 western gold transport  (Read 8110 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
3037 western gold transport
« on: September 04, 2010, 11:17:08 »
I am slowly rounding up any western set from late 90's - early 00's. This set arrived last week but I just managed to free it of its box... Its used so no original box exist, and its missing three small items, a handbag or carpetbag , a direction sign, and the most important part...the doorbar of the transport...so its easy for someone to rob it... :lol: :lol: :lol: I think I have a spare somewhere... (attachment 1) Also missing some silver coins...

I really like its colour, but red would make it so easer a target back those days for bandits, would'nt you agree? I also like the gold bars and the two different colour strongboxes!! (attachment 2)

The set has two klickies, maybe there could have been a third, a driver with cloak and a sergenat guard! Same klickies as other sets but a slight variation to them... Actually I think the sergeant is unique to htis set! (attachment 3)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: 3037 western gold transport
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 11:24:05 »
What is really unique in this carriage is the seats for the driver and guard...and there are also some strange holes behind the driver's set... (attachment 1)

And here comes the good part! These features in the seats makes this set quite collectable for their uniqueness, as I have not come across them in any other western carriage!!! The seat of the driver is the typical driver's seat at any carriage, but the stand up part of the guard is very nicely designed, despite the fact that in reallity things might not be that way!! (attachment 2)

And the greatest part!!! The two holes behind the driver are designed as rifle holsters!!!! How cool is that?  :D :D :D
(attachment 3)

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 11:26:39 »
A very nice set you got there. I want  >:D
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 11:33:04 »
As for the inside of the transport, it cas easily fit a third strongbox, if you have one, more yellow bags and maybe a few handbags with coins... (attachment 1)

In my opinion, a third klicky could be included in the set, but if you have more than enought to spare, you can place one in the back of the transport for extra protection!!! (attachment 2)

Hope  you found this interesting  :) :) :) :)  :wave: :wave: :wave:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 11:34:20 »
A very nice set you got there. I want  >:D

Thanks Bolingbroke! There are a few on ebay on reasonable prices!!! I got mine for 25 euros including shipping cost!

Offline Colonel Klicky

• Playmo Enthusiast
  • 'There he stands like a plastic wall!'
    • KlickyWelt
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 12:15:38 »
Congratulations! Really nice gold transport you have there.

its missing three small items, a handbag or carpetbag , a direction sign, and the most important part...the doorbar of the transport...

Puh... I'm really relieved these parts are missing. If it had been the barred windows of the transport I would have felt guilty a little bit for collecting all of them I'd found so far.

They're so ideal to replace that a bit too gaudily colored (yellow!!!) barred window of the Sheriff's Offices breakout wall...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 12:21:05 by Colonel Klicky »
LuxPlaymoDays 2010 - Charleston-Diorama

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 12:45:36 »
Thanks Bolingbroke! There are a few on ebay on reasonable prices!!! I got mine for 25 euros including shipping cost!

That's a good bargain! My next few purchases on Ebay will be knights-related I'm afraid. Western will have to wait some more.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 15:17:11 »
oh yes  :o :o :o very nice memories playing with it as a kid  :love: :love: :love:
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2010, 15:32:11 »
That's a nice buy, Panos, and thanks for the review. 

The door bar looks as if it's just the door bar from the small Steck door lock:

http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-08-4950

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2010, 16:10:18 »
That's a good bargain! My next few purchases on Ebay will be knights-related I'm afraid. Western will have to wait some more.

I think I finally managed to get all the knight sets! Maybe one or two remain... So, its western time!!!  ;D ;D ;D