Author Topic: 4141 Go Cart Race  (Read 6253 times)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
Re: 4141 Go Cart Race
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2009, 05:51:00 »
But will weight affect acceleration down a slope where the vehicle has no motive power of it's own?  I think Galileo did some work on this and concluded not.

Good question, but isn't it said that e.g. for bobsledders weight is important, or is this just because more weight will put more presure on the ice and with this melting is better?

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 09:28:10 »
Good question, but isn't it said that e.g. for bobsledders weight is important, or is this just because more weight will put more pressure on the ice and with this melting is better?

There's more factors involved than just the weight, the rolling resistance of the tyres and the axle friction would also be a source of potential bias.

I notice they re-used an old special for the bigger cart, with new printing, but kept the same number ( 2 ). Isn't that slightly stupid?

The current green easter egg (I got one in Normandy) boy with cart makes a third possible racer. Now I have two carts I'm very tempted to go and get one of these sets. I'd like to see a girl racer as a nod towards equal opportunity.

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 18:53:05 »
Do the two carts go (down the slope) at the same speed and distance, or does one or other always win out?

Even they are two different designs, I've found that it doesn't matter which on I put on the left side of it- that one always wins. 
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2009, 06:57:57 »
Even they are two different designs, I've found that it doesn't matter which on I put on the left side of it- that one always wins. 

Hmmm...interesting.   :hmm:

Any idea why?  Is the left side a little higher?  Smoother?
CARPE KLICKY!

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2009, 13:21:02 »
Hmmm...interesting.   :hmm:

Any idea why?  Is the left side a little higher?  Smoother?

I'm not sure why it does it.  My only guess would be the fact that the piece that holds them at the top (until you drop it) could be a little bit higher on the right side.  It's kind of odd.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)