Author Topic: Playmobil Trains for 2017  (Read 4312 times)

Offline Walts-Trains

• Playmo Lover
    • Walts Playm0bil Collection
Playmobil Trains for 2017
« on: November 12, 2016, 20:10:03 »
The latest information I have on Playmobil trains is that the set 5258 with the new yellow loco will be withdrawn at the end of this year.
Direct services 5264 freight wagon and 4125 tipping wagon will also be withdraw, so if you want any of these get them ordered now. The Panorama coach 6342 will be available and so will the track.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Playmobil Trains for 2017
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 20:21:50 »
Thanks for the info, Walter, although more "Not Playmbil trains for 2107", sad to say.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline SKlick

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 21:03:10 »
I recently had the chance to talk to a Playmobil sales rep. He basically confirmed that the trains theme is dead. Most train items (including track) are marked as "while supplies last" even in the German shop. In fact, I just checked the Shop again and the only train related item that isn't marked as while supplies last is the battery box. It's not looking good...

And I was pissed that LEGO didn't release another Creator train after they discontinued the Horizon Express.

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 11:36:33 »
That is sad news, I also aspect that the prices on the second hand market will rise.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 19:06:13 »
I recently had the chance to talk to a Playmobil sales rep. He basically confirmed that the trains theme is dead. Most train items (including track) are marked as "while supplies last" even in the German shop. In fact, I just checked the Shop again and the only train related item that isn't marked as while supplies last is the battery box. It's not looking good...

And I was pissed that LEGO didn't release another Creator train after they discontinued the Horizon Express.

Oh wow, that is sad news.  :(

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
  • Hier stehe ich, ich kann auch anders.
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 00:22:25 »
Well, sad no doubt. But not surprising. Those trains are too big for a child's indoor toy and too unreliable for das to play with in the garden. Sad but to be expected  :(.

Schade ja, aber zu erwarten. Diese Bahn ist für Kind und Zimmer zu groß und für Garten und Papa zu schlecht - v.a. was die Technik angeht. :(.

jj:
Lust auf Bilder? => www.klickywelt.de (mit Anmeldung)
Fancy more pics? => www.klickywelt.de (sign in to see)

Offline SKlick

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2016, 15:50:27 »
That is sad news, I also aspect that the prices on the second hand market will rise.
The common stuff is quite affordable still but the prices for the more interesting stuff are going up already. Especially the Western Train stuff. Anyone who's looking for a 4122 Western Freight Car is lucky if he finds one for less than 75€. I still need a 4120 Western Passenger Car for my collection but they are often ending at 50€ to 60€.

too unreliable for das to play with in the garden. Sad but to be expected  :(.[/color]
He mentioned that problem but also said that they solved it when they switched to the 24GHz system.

To me it has more to do with the boring design of the last few releases and with perceived play value. I still think that the regular diesel and steam engines were more fun to play with than set 4010 and 4018. Especially once you modified them for true RC use.

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2016, 15:39:19 »
He mentioned that problem but also said that they solved it when they switched to the 24GHz system.
Und genau das ist ihr Problem. Aus Kindersicht fahren die Züge einwandfrei, klar; der Papa in mir ist glücklich. Aber für mich als Modellbahner ist eine Rangierlok, die ich nicht stufenlos steuern kann, völlig uninteressant. Und die Playmobilbahn hat nur eine Chance, wenn sie Kinder und Eltern getrennt anspricht. Guess, that's their problem. Lookin through chrildrens' eyes trains are rolling fine with that new system - me as a da is happy. But as I'm a model railwayist a shunting engine unable to be steered smoothely but in steps only is no option  ???. Playmobil's only chance in trains is to make children and adults happy on their own.

jj:

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2017, 09:15:40 »

I think the Playmobil trains could be better produced by LGB. They fit well in the Toytrain range, but the width of the handrails need a little adaptation. Question is if LGB is willing to do so and if Playmobil is willing to give LGB a license.

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2017, 13:41:47 »
Um ehrlich zu sein: Das glaube ich nicht. (1) LGB ist eine Modellbahn, kein Spielzeug und erfüllt nicht alle europagesetzlichen Voraussetzungen für eine Spielbahn, was die Sicherheit angeht. (2) Züge und Gleisradien sind zu groß für's normale Kinderzimmer - und zu teuer.
Wenn, dann hätte eine Bahn wie die Faller e-Trains oder Playtrains Chancen. Kleine Radien, kompakte Loks und Waggons - sowas könnte als Zoo-Bahn oder Werkbahn sein, die man mit anderen Themen kombinieren kann.

I doubt that. For one thing LGB is a model railway and does not fullfill all European safety requirements as a toy. For another thing it's just too big to fit into a normal children's room -  and to expensive to fit in a normal families budget.
If at all a system like good old Faller e-Train or Playtrain could stand a chance. It would make a fine add on to zoo or industrial estate as a light railway.

jj: