Author Topic: 4489 Research Boat with Sperm Whale  (Read 9281 times)

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
Re: 4489 Research Boat with Sperm Whale
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2008, 03:07:32 »
P.S.
Have you actually seen them?! :o

yes gustavo, i have been as close as 10 m above water and maybe 40 m underwater always in the azores islands.  :)
these creatures live in all oceans - if you have unpoluted waters and a sudden rise in the ocean floor from depths around 1000 / 2000 m i am sure you can see them in brasil too.
they feed on giant squids (sometimes bigger than the whales themselves) and this sudden rise creates a rich "upwelling" of nutrients where they grow.
i am sending you a link - http://www.springerlink.com/content/u66x41786461177t/ - and maybe fernando noronha would be a good spot.
:yup:
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
Re: 4489 Research Boat with Sperm Whale
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2008, 00:50:30 »
yes gustavo, i have been as close as 10 m above water and maybe 40 m underwater always in the azores islands.  :)
these creatures live in all oceans - if you have unpoluted waters and a sudden rise in the ocean floor from depths around 1000 / 2000 m i am sure you can see them in brasil too.
they feed on giant squids (sometimes bigger than the whales themselves) and this sudden rise creates a rich "upwelling" of nutrients where they grow.
i am sending you a link - http://www.springerlink.com/content/u66x41786461177t/ - and maybe fernando noronha would be a good spot.
:yup:

Açores ... :) Family there, or work? Or only whales? ...

It's almost a ... an obligation for me as Brasillian to go up and visit Fernando de Noronha ... They say it's very beautiful place. I didn't have a great desire yet of visiting open natural places, but your adventure, I have to admit, quite inspires me to consider doing it :yup:

I have to say, though, that I don't seem with myself to be quite an adventurous fellow :-[ ... Which possibly I may come to miss, in life. But I think it has to do with the character, and I can't help admitting that I don't find myself searching for doing so ... (Have a couple of friends who gave the round in South America on foot, hitchhike and the like; once they tried to take me with them as far as Belo Horizonte, which isn't so far away from Rio, not to me, because I am used to go to that town, to visit family -- only, not at all on hitchhike ... --. I went as far as Buzios (very near from Rio, where I live), and we got lost.

The ... more stravagant thing I intend to do is to visit Prague. It's very far from my home, but I intend to go there. I'd visit Portugal, Oporto, more often, I think, if I had enough moneys to spend in trips.

& I like to remember that I intend to visit Beijing, as well, although I've been living a period of little faith in walking around the world ... Actually, the inicial plan was London & Dublin, Prague, Napoli, and Beijing.

Concerning the adventures on open sea, ... it takes a lot of money too :'( ... I'd love that it could be easier. / Even because, I've been spending all that I can -- responsably (yet 8} ), but all that I can -- with Playmobil! ;D I have quite a delay to cover! ::) )

It's great, though, to hear these cases from (playmo)friends around ... In a way, we can share a bit of the happiness you had about going near chachalotes. (As well as understand a bit better, I believe, your ... demands, about the Playmo sperm whale ...)

About going near sperm whales, do you do it often, or was it one time adventure? (It's absolutely in the topic, and I'm very happy about it!!! 0) )

;)
G.--
Gus
:blackhair: