Author Topic: Example of a DS spares order  (Read 121622 times)

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
Re: Example of a DS spares order
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2007, 11:50:23 »
Among many fascinating jobs I did as a student, one was "picking & packing" for Ponds, which required making up small orders much like this. I'm sure the L is the lane number, and the /32 is the bay number on that lane.

Also useful information.  I notice that three hats near the top of Martin's order are all in the same lane and bay.  Not a sure-fire indicator of what a part is, but might help me decide if a part is one thing or another.

Of course, without the magnificent Playmodb, 90% of my spares order would have been impossible, so another big thank you to Heather for all her work in expanding and maintaining it, and to anyone who helps her to keep it fresh and thriving.

:-[ With all this great information coming in I'm feeling more like an air traffic controller. Bring it on.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2007, 22:01:29 »
Well when i received my last order it was missing a few pieces so i called and told them. While i was on the phone i decided to put a few more parts on the order ( it seems like my lists never are finished ) . Well the order just came to me in the post in record time . 4 days from time of placement . and that is including shipping across the US. :love: Lucky or unlucky it is again missing some parts so i will have to call again.  ;D
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2007, 22:07:33 »
well heather i would also like to thank you for how you put your site together . i just discovered the " Show Parts By Category" and i went through the whole list .i looked at every known part ,  it took many hours and i was able to identify many unknown parts in my miscellaneous bin. The only draw back was on my wallet as my parts list just grew by two pages.
So again THANK YOU  :love: :wow:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2007, 12:08:35 »
Here's the address I use, Martin:

DirectService_UK@playmobil.de

(which I now see is the same as the one Sylvia gave you :-[)

Just tried to use that email address, and got this message:

Mailer-Daemon@GEOBRA_ZDF_MS2.geobra.net

Nachrichtenstatus - nicht zustellbar

Die von Ihnen gesendete Nachricht ist nicht zustellbar an:

DirectService_UK (NICHT GENUTZT)

Has anyone successfully used this email address since my previous order? If not, I'm assuming it's dead.

Meantime I'm returning to the faxing method, which at least works, if a little slowly.  ;D

cheers,  Martin

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2007, 14:47:59 »

Here's my second direct order invoice. The prices are pretty random - an adult Raccoon is 35p, while a sitting baby raccoon is 50p.

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2007, 14:13:52 »

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2007, 03:26:54 »
It's strange how PM UK lists unit costs on the invoice but PM USA does not.  PM USA lists quantity ordered and quantity filled, but not unit cost.  Not even final total cost (you have to wait and check your credit card bill). To get the exact cost per item, you have to be quick with the pen while ordering over telephone and annotate your private list based on what the phone rep tells you.

I'm surprised there isn't complete uniformity between divisions.  I get the impression that PM Germany maintains all the web sites, at least. 

Not that I'm complaining!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2007, 04:49:40 »
Tim all you have to do is when you are done placing your order request that they include the " Order Confirmation" or "Invoice " not just the "Delivery Note" and if they do not sent it with the parts ( they do forget ) call back , give the order # and in a few days they will have it mailed out . You can even request ones for older orders.

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2007, 11:40:00 »
For me a pattern is now forming, and I can have a reasonable guess at what my orders will total.

In the UK a small part such as a single cuff or a sword is 10p, a hat is 15p, a shield is 20p, and larger or rarer items come slightly higher. A klicky figure is £1.65.

Assuming you add a hat & a couple of hand items (sword & shield) that comes to £2, which is the usual retail price for a special figure (unless you go to Hamley's), so you're not saving anything ordering normal figures this way. Any special that comes with more than that, e.g. the current greybearded cowboy, is extra good value.

OTOH, if you want a figure that only comes with, say, a full Knight's Castle, this is a good way to get one.

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2008, 12:02:44 »

The prices of Klickies varied this time from 130p to 143p.