Author Topic: Victorian customizing on Ebay UK - hit and miss...and a rarity  (Read 15966 times)

Offline kaethe

• Playmo Addict
Re: Victorian customizing on Ebay UK - hit and miss...and a rarity
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2009, 04:15:27 »
karim
thank you thank you thank you for taking the time to post these photos.  it is always so much fun to see the creativity of collectors.  her museum is a great idea, i love the way we can combine the themes in bits and pieces.
kaethe

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2009, 07:08:36 »
A very good morning to you Playmofriends  :wave: !!!

Thank you for your comments !!!

The amazing sunny weather UK is experiencing for more than a month now combined to my holidays just 2 weeks away, a cup of coffee and an Apfelstrudel baking in the oven inspired a lovely Summer themed set which I located in the Cotswolds - one of England's most picturesque place to enjoy.

I believed at first that the windmill was a one off "toy" bought by Emma.j in a car boot sale but the eagle eye of a Playmofriend spotted a "Sylvanian" creation, and that gives me inspiration as far as new buildings are concerned.

I have a very large collection of Playmobil Victorian and accessories in the 1/12th scale and I will definitely buy a windmill for myself and other buildings in a theme that I have yet to discover...

So I believe that my happy little Victorians are heading towards new exciting  adventures in unknown territories...new experiences which will be fully documented here, on Playmofriends !!!

Indianna - Thank you for inviting me here in the first place  :wow:!!! You know that customizing was something that I have done more than a year for my own enjoyment and this is only when I offered a set on Ebay in February 09'that I realised that I had started "something" refreshing...

Kaethe - I fully agree with you that Emma.j's Museum idea is one of the most creative I have seen until now and everything is so inspired down to the wallpapers, I love it too.

Sylvia - I woke up this morning and the first thing I did was to go to the lounge which is already very bright although it is 07.00am only to enjoy the colourful display and there is no doubt that I will have great fun with it for the next 10 days until the auction is over as I always do...

Have a lovely Sunday !!!

Karim ;)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 09:53:17 by playmovictorian »
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2009, 09:47:57 »
I cannot resist sharing with you Emma.j's latest item on a Victorian's Sunday Baking Competition which really has an atmosphere of its own  :yup:( the idea of putting a picture of the Mansion instead of the real thing is quite interesting as it does not distract the attention and actually took me a while to realise it was not the real "macoy" - I am not sure about that word, sorry ??? )...

Emma has a great creativity and an eye for detail, if only her packaging skills could improve a bit, she would be perfect :yup:...

With myself and Britironbiker, Emma.j is offering highly customized and detailed sets. And I smiled at the thought this morning over a cuppa of all these parents desperate not to find in the shops anymore what is becoming a must have and sought after Theme by many children and adults alike which are re-discovering a Theme that became discontinued 5 years ago...

Considering the price these items reach 8}, I must be on the black list of more than one angry parent these days... :lol:

I remember when I revived the first Opera Diva of the Victorian Era - Maria Malibran - back in February - dressed in her dramatic black and red outfit - the Seller who was offering it as a pair on Ebay got totally overwhelmed by requests for Maria Malibran - a 19th century Opera Singer - how can one not smile at the thought of a little girl in 2009 asking for her "Maria"... star of my set "a Nightingale at the Mansion" :

I love the way Brit. has worked on the pictures display for her Royal Ball as it is so bright and cheerful that you feel you are part of the scene.

Here is a Set for you to enjoy, dear Playmofriends and I can almost smell the freshly baked cakes, or is that my Tarte Tatin nearly ready to eat ?  :lol: :

« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 10:50:00 by playmovictorian »
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2009, 19:04:12 »

Hello, Karim ...  :wave:

Most of our members at Playmofriends usually seem to have great fun looking for, and finding, things ...  ;)

In two of these wonderful photos of Emma's beautiful displays, there is one misspelled word. I wonder who will find it?

If you find it first, Karim, please, no hints.

Thank you for continuing to share these incredibly imaginative and lovely Victorian creations with us.

All the best,
Richard

Edit: Updated post to give Emma credit for the display.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 00:12:29 by Richard »

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2009, 19:21:04 »

I found it. ;D

It's Emma's error, not Karim's, since the pics are from one of her auctions. ;)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2009, 19:52:45 »

I found it. ;D

It's Emma's error, not Karim's, since the pics are from one of her auctions. ;)

You are absolutely correct, Sylvia. It is indeed Emma's error!

Perhaps, in future, I should not be so distracted, by the beautiful photos and displays, so that I neglect to read the accompanying text ...  :-[

I wonder how many other Playmofriends will also spot Emma's error?

BTW, Happy Mother's Day ...  :*)

All the best,
Richard

Offline kaethe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2009, 21:08:29 »

I wonder how many other Playmofriends will also spot Emma's error?

Richard

:)  found it, we certainly are an odd bunch. 

karim, thank you again for posting the photos.  they are sooooo creative.
kaethe

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2009, 06:01:33 »
Spotted it when I posted the pix as it jumped to me as a devil out of its box >:D !!!

Karim ;)

Offline kaethe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2009, 07:09:20 »

Kaethe - I fully agree with you that Emma.j's Museum idea is one of the most creative I have seen until now and everything is so inspired down to the wallpapers, I love it too.

Karim ;)

i just went back to look at the museum, there is so much to look at, i love the way the egyptian playmo photo was used as the wallpaper, is that the box, or the catalogue, i could not quite tell.

another question, where did the brown curved shelves in the bakery come from, are they custom?

kaethe

Offline mi-chi

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2009, 07:49:12 »
Beautiful ideas with great attention to detail. Actually I am a purist and do not use anything not Playmo but those extras are extremely tempting and make me think "why not"  :wow: The museum is especially fascinating. Thanks for the inspiration.  :love:
Cheers
Michael