Author Topic: Help needed from West coast / California Members  (Read 2217 times)

Offline Emma.J

• Playmo Addict
    • Emma.J Blog page
Help needed from West coast / California Members
« on: October 19, 2011, 13:20:05 »
 :wave: Hi I've just been sent the following email:

My son is an avid Playmobil fan and has a real interest in customizing historical Playmobil pieces/sets..  We are in Southern  California and I was wondering if you know of any west coast events where Playmobil displays are set up for public viewing.  My son would love to talk to a customizing enthusiast and possibly glean some advice.

Can anyone help out? Is there anything local happening there? Let me know and I can pass on the details or forward a members email so you can chat.

Thanks friends!

Oh PS I'd like to set up an events page on my blog so if there's anything else going on could you send me a link as well. Thanks
Improvise, adapt, overcome ..... If all else fails FAKE IT!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: Help needed from West coast / California Members
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 13:30:45 »
Have you given her a link to playmofriends? If she's asking you, it probably means she hasn't found the fan community yet.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 14:35:46 »
The only usual things I know for West Coast are in Washington. Glazz sets up his train layout at train shows. Puyallup in November would be his next likely one but he hasn't posted yet confirming that. There are California members, maybe they can do something.

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 16:11:27 »
This sounds like a question for Justindo,
I know he lives out in California and he collects historical themed Playmobil.
Ill send him a pm. :wave:
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 16:58:57 »
We are in Sonoma County and that is about 50 miles north of SF. If they are in LA that is about 8 hours south. There are members in here from Sacramento, SF, LA and some other California locations. There really is no major events similar to the ones in Germany where you have convention halls filled with playmobil fans. The show Glazz has is a playmobil train layout but I think he goes to model train shows to do his exhibits. It is not a playmobil only show where you would have all kinds of dioramas from many themes.

I do not know of any public event in the southern California area or any at all in California.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 19:40:46 »
Or any at all in the US. There's been something in Mexico City I believe but that's as close as we've gotten so far.
San Francisco would be the logical place location wise for a West Coast event as it's about central. The more northern collectors have been more into getting things going but we really need an active person in Portland to organize an event. That would be close enough for us in Southern Oregon and also the Seattle people. It also has a big airport and would be good for people traveling from farther away. The problem here in the Americas in general is distance. We are so far away from each other that to get together in a single place becomes too expensive and time consuming to really be practical

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 03:22:31 »
Or any at all in the US. There's been something in Mexico City I believe but that's as close as we've gotten so far.
San Francisco would be the logical place location wise for a West Coast event as it's about central. The more northern collectors have been more into getting things going but we really need an active person in Portland to organize an event. That would be close enough for us in Southern Oregon and also the Seattle people. It also has a big airport and would be good for people traveling from farther away. The problem here in the Americas in general is distance. We are so far away from each other that to get together in a single place becomes too expensive and time consuming to really be practical

:sorrow:

someday hopeful before my kidos grow up
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 17:26:13 »

Yup, we have the same problem on the East Coast. Distances are just overwhelming. Gas prices and airfares are abnormally high making travel difficult, too pricey and very time consuming.

And I have no idea of how to get PM to buy in and do ANYTHING in the US.
Aaarrrggghh, Pgal
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 00:52:15 »
Sorry for the late reply, but I've been unable to visit the forum much in the last six months.

Regarding the inquiry, I'm in the LA area, but I'm not aware of any Playmobil events whatsoever.  I would suggest the person inquiring join Playmofriends and Garden Wargaming for tips and pics of historical customs, as there is a wealth of knowledge and talent here.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy: