Author Topic: 4821 fire engine  (Read 16726 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: 4821 fire engine
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2010, 16:43:25 »
Well, Diane slipped out to see a neighbour so I've been able to take a set of photos showing the assembly involved in the sides, the lift-up shutters, a fold-down step and, for the right-hand side, the RC aerial.  As the RC aerial is the only difference between the two sides, I've concentrated on the right-hand side only.

The first photo shows the parts involved.  The shutters are two different widths, the front and rear ones being narrower than the centre one, something often found on fire egines.  The RC aerial is in two sections, a narrow tube and a detachable tip.  Presumably as the tube is just that, a tube, the receiver element is in the tip.

The shutters fit on easily if you offer them up in the closed position and then just push them firmly home.  They open and close with a satisfying click so there's no risk of them flying open as the vehicle corners and equipment flying out (it happens!).  The step, the red piece in the first picture, fits at the bottom of the forward locker.  This is a common feature on German fire engines and is also appearing more in the UK.

The shutters click into a locked position before reaching the vertical, although they can be pushed up to be vertical.  However, they look much better open at an angle.  The step folds down to allow access to the lowest slide out equipment tray and to make the higher equipment trays more accessible. 

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2010, 16:47:47 »
The RC aerial fits into a hole at the bottom of a channel between the rear bodywork and the rear of the cab.  Having the aerial in place even if RC is not being used isn't a problem as it doesn't look out of place.

A possible alternative use for the channel would be to take the lighting mast as the channel is large enough to do so and the mast could just slip over a piece of suitably sized plastic rod pushed into the hole for the aerial.  This would free up space on the roof for a ladder.

Tomorrow I'll be showing the items which go on the roof and fitting out the interior and, if time permits, looking at the equipment which comes with the set.

PS:  I forgot to show and fit the wheel covers; I'll do that for the next photo session.  They are the standard design used with other modern vehicles.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2010, 16:49:09 »

Well, Diane slipped out to see a neighbour ...

Gotta love those neighbours ...  ;D :lol:

That's a really cool fire engine, Gordon.

Thanks for a splendid review! (Kinda makes me wanna go get one!)

All the best,
Richard

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2010, 17:59:38 »
Me too, but I'm needing 4  :-[!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2010, 18:09:00 »

Me too, but I'm needing 4  :-[!

Got any neighbors, Bill? ...  ;D

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2010, 20:07:34 »
Got any neighbors, Bill? ...  ;D

Oh yeah! But none as crazy as me about Playmobil  ;)!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2010, 20:29:30 »

Oh yeah! But none as crazy as me about Playmobil  ;)!

No, no ...  :no: :no:

Neighbors that your wife can go visit (like Gordon's) while you 'smuggle" you four fire engines into the house ...  ;D

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2010, 22:13:13 »

No, no ...  :no: :no:

Neighbors that your wife can go visit (like Gordon's) while you 'smuggle" you four fire engines into the house ...  ;D

Oh, I see the method of your madness  ;)! I get the look :omg: just about everyday when USPS, UPS, or Fed Dex shows up at our door, & the words uttered "now what did you get?" "Don't you already have one of those?" :hmm:

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2010, 22:42:58 »
Oh, I see the method of your madness  ;)! I get the look :omg: just about everyday when USPS, UPS, or Fed Dex shows up at our door, & the words uttered "now what did you get?" "Don't you already have one of those?" :hmm:

Here lately I have had alot of playmobil shipments at the house.  I ordered the wife some roses the other day and had them delivered to her.  When they came, she didn't even answer the door because she thought it was playmobil stuff.   :lol:

Great review! 

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2010, 23:17:34 »

Hi Bill

My USPS post man is staring to think something is fishy :hmm: I am home a lot. I always come running when he honks ( we have a large locked gate and I need to greet him or else he takes it to the warehouse ). He almost always asks if anything is broken due to all the rattling going on inside  ;D . I just grab the box and go running away yelling "Thankssss!"  :lol: My wife watches from her office widow as I run around  ::) .

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: