Author Topic: 2009 new knights  (Read 7222 times)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Re: 2009 new knights
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2009, 14:58:20 »
mmm - I am not that sure anymore. I must admit that whatever the otcome - there are some items in the new theme at least. For the rest ... I reserve my comment until I've seen it more close up and for real.
It is very Fantasy, though ...
I wonder what Saskia makes of it - after all; she is a Dragon lady  :lol:

Bogro

I'm going to have to take your side also Bogro! It favors the current Pirate theme Spanish harbor lighthouse design  :-\! I will need to see the actual product before rendering an opinion  ???! Looks like more stand alone designs, not being able to be expanded through DS any longer  :'(!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2009, 15:22:11 »
Is that a baby dragon ? There really are some great parts in here . some need to be thrown away ( well maybe just put away ) and as a whole i am not to impressed with Playmobils decision on this new theme . At least they ( the accountant or marketer ) could have given us the option of just using all the building parts for other sets .  I just hate to be limited and not being able to show the kids how to customize or modify a design .
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2009, 15:30:19 »
Some interesting new parts like the helmets, the horse armour and the fantasy shields, but I'll be giving the towers a miss.

I do like the hood I can see on one figure, somewhat like the lego hoods. I hope they come in a range of colours to match the cloak/cape colours. 

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2009, 16:11:31 »
I will have to go along with Bill and Bogro, I am not too impressed and the colors are awful but who knows, maybe its the lighting :D. I will be hunting pickelhaube and beatnik toys it appears. Thank you very much for the photos, it gives us time to plan and save!

Gepetto

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2009, 17:01:10 »

It looks like we get 3 new sized dragons
Thanks Customizer for the cool link .
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2009, 17:04:47 »
mmm ... I am disappointed. Terribly disapointed.  :'(.
The castle and tower look more as if they are from one of the very cheap brands ...
The figures look nice, though. I might order them through DS, but I doubt I will buy many sets of them .... snik snif ...  :'(

The Dragon and Wyverns look nice though.

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2009, 17:11:30 »
Those molded rocks remind me of the ones that were made in China  :-\

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2009, 17:48:31 »
Great, now even the mounted knights have bazookas! Do like the rock stairs though and the towers could be signal towers but I agree with Rasputin in that I do not like to have my options limited.

Gepetto

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2009, 18:28:48 »
and another picture.
... ooops, i am sorry, this is the 2007 plasma dragons castle assault from megablocks.  :hmm:
my mistake.
  :-[
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2009, 18:42:31 »
 8}  Gosh, cachalote, you seem to be making a lot of "mistakes" today!  Are you feeling well?   :lol:
U.S.A.      Massachusetts