Author Topic: Ordering on Playmobil UK using on-line parts order list  (Read 4968 times)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
Re: Ordering on Playmobil UK using on-line parts order list
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2017, 21:11:12 »
With small orders, do they use a bag or a box?

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2017, 04:55:59 »
I got my first order of "grundfigur" klickies from ds today. :love:
Ten of the Mary klickies from the latest nativity calendar. They'll make great medieval peasant women once the gold shoes go.
I just included the part number like others have suggested and it got accepted. They were £1.9 each.

...and yeah, why does a peasant woman like Mary have gold shoes? Really stupid when sandals or brown shoes could have been used. 8}

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2017, 06:49:30 »
I got my first order of "grundfigur" klickies from ds today. :love:
Ten of the Mary klickies from the latest nativity calendar. They'll make great medieval peasant women once the gold shoes go.
I just included the part number like others have suggested and it got accepted. They were £1.9 each.

...and yeah, why does a peasant woman like Mary have gold shoes? Really stupid when sandals or brown shoes could have been used. 8}

I notice that Mary is dressed in blue, the accepted colour for her clothing from about 500AD.  The Byzantine Church first used the colour and it is the colour an empress would wear, i.e. they were seeing Mary as Queen of Heaven, and gold shoes are quite appropriate for a queen or empress.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2017, 07:10:27 »
I notice that Mary is dressed in blue, the accepted colour for her clothing from about 500AD.  The Byzantine Church first used the colour and it is the colour an empress would wear, i.e. they were seeing Mary as Queen of Heaven, and gold shoes are quite appropriate for a queen or empress.

Ahhh, that makes sense.

Well these gals have a less salubrious future ahead of them. ;)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2017, 09:03:23 »
Something I hadn't noticed in that painting before - there is a greenhouse complete with dome in the garden.

It's excellent that geobra designed their farming tools to include the scythe, hayfork and rake. The only thing they never produced was a straw hat for adults.

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2017, 09:21:27 »
Something I hadn't noticed in that painting before - there is a greenhouse complete with dome in the garden.

Or is it a domed trellis?   Glass in those days was very expensive and I'm not sure they had the technology for producing curved sheets of glass, that was something that came in during the 18th century.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2017, 18:36:42 »
You're right, it's a trellis.

Modern one in Winchester:

« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 05:00:50 by Klickteryx »

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2017, 19:11:08 »
The only thing they never produced was a straw hat for adults.
These any good?
http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-03-4750
http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-03-4730
And check out these sets (no part numbers for the hats)

Mind you, those wont be available from DS!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2017, 05:00:06 »
These any good?

Yes definitely, sun hats of felt and probably leather existed back then too and those hats are suitable.
The earlier yellow farmer's hat, which I think was meant to represent a straw hat is a later design. The classic straw hat, which you can still buy today has a round crown. There is a child version with a woven texture and it would be great to see one for adults.