Author Topic: 7374/7375 Reversing Mechanism  (Read 4347 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: 7374/7375 Reversing Mechanism
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2019, 18:15:24 »
Great video Gordon, thanks!
 I think I need to get one of these some time. It would be interesting to swap out the motor for the express passenger trains and use it with this sort of device for point to point passenger traffic. I too wonder about possible distances.
Thank you, Tim.

You've lost me over swapping the motors.  What do you have in  mind?

I think as regards distance, I think the limit may be as much one of the time taken to travel from one end to the other as the actual physical distance.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2019, 21:55:21 »
I mean taking out the remote control battery motor and inserting a track power driven engine block. I know it's not as simple as that sounds, but I remember Quinn converted the red RC locomotive to track powered for his show layout and it looked great. Would be nice with the 4011/4016/4018 style double ended passenger train on a reversing track like this.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2019, 08:18:12 »
I mean taking out the remote control battery motor and inserting a track power driven engine block. I know it's not as simple as that sounds, but I remember Quinn converted the red RC locomotive to track powered for his show layout and it looked great. Would be nice with the 4011/4016/4018 style double ended passenger train on a reversing track like this.

I'm with you now and a good idea.

I think all you need do is take the R/C block out and put the track-powered one in, holding it in place with heavy duty double-sided tape.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline VicKlicktor

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Klick Kong
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2019, 21:02:45 »

As promised, here is a short video of an end-to-end-round-and-round layout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUB0Oi_7OAQ

Thanks so much for sharing such illuminating video.
So, as Walts says, if this item was only issued to shops I think it will be easier to get the LGB version

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2019, 02:16:30 »
Thanks so much for sharing such illuminating video.
So, as Walts says, if this item was only issued to shops I think it will be easier to get the LGB version

Thank you.

The LGB version will certainly be easier to find.  I bought the insides of the LGB version, that i without the buffers, for £12.50 off eBay recently.  There are, btw, two versions by LGB and the newer one offers more flexibility but is fiddly to set up in the option with most choice, and not helped by the fact that LGB issued an incorrect set of instructions initially!

Offline Walts-Trains

• Playmo Lover
    • Walts Playm0bil Collection
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2019, 09:59:01 »
Managed to find this drawing of the Playmobil shuttle unit.
I do not know how it will come out on the forum. If it is bad I will redraw it.

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
  • Hier stehe ich, ich kann auch anders.
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2019, 08:31:58 »
Du kannst mit dem Modul beides bauen: Eine automatische Pendelstrecke mit und ohne Wendeschleife. Für die Wendeschleife brauchst du allerdings noch weitere Isolatoren für beide Schienen, die nicht mit zum Set gehören.

This shuttle unit can make trains run on an end-to-end track both with or without a loop at one or both ends. Though a loop requires an additional circuit breaker on both rails not enclosed.

jj:
Lust auf Bilder? => www.klickywelt.de (mit Anmeldung)
Fancy more pics? => www.klickywelt.de (sign in to see)