Author Topic: The French ammunition wagon  (Read 1023 times)

Offline neo2116

• Playmo Enthusiast
  • 1er Empire
    • https://www.facebook.com/neo2116
The French ammunition wagon
« on: July 02, 2017, 16:06:32 »
Indispensable to artillery crews, the ammunition box allows transport of all artillery munitions used by the campaign service, regardless of their type and size. Generalization by Gribeauval employment encartouché the ball - the cartridge containing the propellant powder charge and bullet are one and the same whole - requires the use of a specific car for transportation without damage to these ammunition ready for use.
This box consists of a large box attached to two shafts. The inside of this box is divided into three main sections, each of which can be compartmentalized by removable boards depending on the type of ammunition carried. To preserve the powder from moisture and trickling from the rain, the well is closed by a sheet-metal shielding cover.
The box is common to all field service gauges (except room 4 which has a particular box) and only the interior is different to optimize the storage of different projectiles balls 8 or 12 books, boxes to scrap, 6 inch shells.
In addition to ammunition for artillery, it contains the squibs (used to spread the fire to the propellant powder charge), rockets (for shells) and cartridges for rifles artillery gunners. Finally, all the boxes are provided at the rear, an axle holder wheel with a spare wheel.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: The French ammunition wagon
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 16:17:08 »
Fascinating stuff..

Though not REALLY my kind of thing (for my collection, I mean), I love the detailed work you've done. The painting is AMAZING. :love:

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 17:29:43 »
as I've said on Neo's other thread....these are the ultimate
I like the 'simple' additions on the horses...while the wagon itself belongs to a different scalemodelling class!  :love:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 20:31:06 »
The leaders of the French Revolutionary and Bonaparte armies clearly thought things through very carefully and thoroughly, and you obviously do much research before you start your  modelling.  Thanks again for sharing with us.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”