Author Topic: Direct Service Parts - and Google Translate  (Read 535 times)

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
Direct Service Parts - and Google Translate
« on: August 27, 2014, 06:46:20 »
I've received a letter from the Parts Service, and I don't understand it.  It looks to me as if they have used Google Translate or similar, so I'm not really sure what they mean.  Therefore, I'm wondering if anyone has received a similar letter in a more understandable translation, and could tell me what to expect.

The letter was in Dutch; the English translation is mine:

Het product is tijdelijk 30287530 beschikbaar.

We zullen vervangende levering van dit product automatisch.

Het spijt ons.

The product 30287530 is temporarily available.

We will automatically replace delivery of this product - or possibly: We will automatically substitute delivery of this product.

We are sorry.

Presumably the writer really means that the item is temporarily unavailable.  I was charged for it, but it was not sent.  But what now?  Do they mean that they will send me a substitute item - or that they will replace (refund) the money for it?

Either is fine by me, but I want to make a new Parts order, and if they are not sending a substitute (which as far as I know, can only be the same thing - flowers for a fairy headdress - in a different colour), I will order a substitute myself.  But if they are sending a substitute (and I ordered it x8), then I don't want to end up with excess flowery bits that I really don't need!
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
Re: Direct Service Parts - and Google Translate
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 07:25:51 »
It sounds like they will send the parts later, but one can never be sure with machine translations.  ???

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 11:27:20 »
It once happened to me (although not with Playmobil).
The Dutch text is completely wrong, misspelled, grammatical wrong and not understandable.

I should:
1) Sent the e-mail back with the comment to explain it (only possible if it is NOT a no reply mail).
2) If possible, telephone Direct Service, read them your e-mail and ask to explain it.

I hope it will help.

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 02:39:45 »
Ismene, you were correct - the parts arrived yesterday.  My original order, not substitutes.   :)
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 08:31:18 »
Ismene, you were correct - the parts arrived yesterday.  My original order, not substitutes.   :)

Yay! I'm glad you got exactly what you wanted.