Author Topic: playmobil: The Movie: Series 1 - 70069  (Read 6499 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
playmobil: The Movie: Series 1 - 70069
« on: July 21, 2019, 19:25:31 »
Started a page for the movie: playmobil: The Movie (direct link)

And the review of series 1 is done :)

Review at playkingdoms: playmobil: The Movie: Series 1 - 70069 (direct link)

Let me know if I missed anything!

(wanted to do another section, but.. maybe next time. )

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: playmobil: The Movie: Series 1 - 70069
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 21:19:59 »
Great review, Tahra! (I'm commenting here rather than on Fakebook). It's good to see all those new parts, colours and prints. I think there is one new hair sculpt there, on Rex. Several new hair colours (Charlie, Marla, the Sheriff) and a new beard (Sheriff) too, probably.

I like the Robotitron figure because it's a solitary reference to the early days of Playmospace. It will be good to replace some of the missing wheels on old examples too!

What is left for Series 2 I wonder?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 07:57:04 »
Great review, Tahra! (I'm commenting here rather than on Fakebook). It's good to see all those new parts, colours and prints. I think there is one new hair sculpt there, on Rex. Several new hair colours (Charlie, Marla, the Sheriff) and a new beard (Sheriff) too, probably.

I thought Valera was new in that color too..  And Rex has another unmentionable hair.

I like the Robotitron figure because it's a solitary reference to the early days of Playmospace. It will be good to replace some of the missing wheels on old examples too!

I think he should be in another color. But the wheels are good :)

What is left for Series 2 I wonder?

What do you mean? That is known since some time (at least end of May)... I put it on the PROCESS when I came back, and it's also in the main "The Movie" page (link above)...

(edit: typo)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 12:28:11 by tahra »

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 11:29:31 »
Sorry, Tahra, I haven't been paying careful attention. I prefer to see good pictures of new sets (with the klickies dissected if possible  >:D) than promo pics. I will go and have a proper look now....
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 12:40:24 »
Thank you Tahra - so much useful information, you are so thorough!

In Valera's writeup, you mention her skintone - that's what I'm calling "dark tan skintone". Is everyone else the most-common light skintone, or are some the summer-holidays "light tan" skintone perhaps?

Interesting about the different hair/beards in the light-blond colour (I already have blond, light yellow, yellow-orange, bright yellow, so here's another) and Maria's brown! Chocolate brown perhaps?

I think I'm just going to categorize all the faces as "cartoon face" and leave it at that... I'll never keep up with describing all those unique faces.

PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 12:52:36 »
Thank you Tahra - so much useful information, you are so thorough!

Thank you :)

In Valera's writeup, you mention her skintone - that's what I'm calling "dark tan skintone". Is everyone else the most-common light skintone, or are some the summer-holidays "light tan" skintone perhaps?

Yep, all the others (in the Figures, not the sets!) are either "white" (as in the oldest light skintone - this gets so complicated, especially when there IS white and black as actual "skin colors"  :-\ ) or the existing tan...

I think it is obvious, so I think I never mention that... I guess it's NOT so obvious just from pics, right?  :-\  Especially with pics from me..  :-[   Del, Charlie and the Hillbilly are tan...

Interesting about the different hair/beards in the light-blond colour (I already have blond, light yellow, yellow-orange, bright yellow, so here's another) and Maria's brown! Chocolate brown perhaps?

We find it very hard to come up with names for everything :(  And the hair molds. Gods.  It is a shame that light blonde doesn't match Gobber's (who has a horrid hairsculpt :( )

I think I'm just going to categorize all the faces as "cartoon face" and leave it at that... I'll never keep up with describing all those unique faces.

LOL - well, Rex's is horrid. The others are mostly ok, variety and all.

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2019, 16:38:29 »
Del, Charlie and the Hillbilly are tan...
Regular newish summer-holidays tan. Got it. I suspected, but am glad of a definite answer.

Light-blond hair.... it's so close! WHY?? New plastic-pellets supplier with a different pantone interpretation of "light blond"?

And, I was waiting until the plans came out for the other sets to give them their numbers, but realize that if they're disassemble-able, they AREN'T the same number - probably don't actually have numbers, but are just a collection of body-parts with numbers. (The "76" numbers, I am assuming, include everything in the bag.) The figures have k-numbers so I'll have something to describe.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2019, 18:22:56 »
Light-blond hair.... it's so close! WHY?? New plastic-pellets supplier with a different pantone interpretation of "light blond"?

Who knows?! I was looking forward to a match for those long whiskers (I HATE his hair), and then... nope. Bah. Double bah.

I still think it's weird that these are figures.  ???

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2019, 18:35:13 »
News flash: the Hillbilly's hair is the same as the 'normal' hair that's included in 70042 - Ruffnut and Tuffnut with Flight Suit.

Ref: https://www.playmobil.de/ersatzteilsuche?q=30094992

So, is Gobber's hair different from what I've been calling "light yellow", PlaymoDB Who's That Klicky: Hair_colour = Light yellow, or is it this particular hairpiece that's the new colour?

(slowly losing my mind)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2019, 18:55:22 »
Great series, really like Valera and some of the others. On Robotitron he also has the painted eyes, so a couple of differences form the original Robby style. Looking forward to them being released in the US soon.

Tahra do you think the light grey cape with Charlie is the same very light grey that the polar bear head hat is? It would be great to have that for a combo.
I saw a Figures series 16 figure in a post online from someone in Spain, so those must be about to be released as well.