Author Topic: 4611 Royal Guard special...old and new...  (Read 24310 times)

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
Re: 4611 Royal Guard special...old and new...
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2010, 19:08:21 »
Great buy Panos, this is a great klicky and one of my favourites. you got the klicky fever i see which is great !!! 40 look perfect, as i always say when people ask why buy many klickies, playmobil klickies look better in big numbers .. great buy Sir Knight !!! :wave: :wave: :wave:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2010, 19:20:58 »
Great buy Panos, this is a great klicky and one of my favourites. you got the klicky fever i see which is great !!! 40 look perfect, as i always say when people ask why buy many klickies, playmobil klickies look better in big numbers .. great buy Sir Knight !!! :wave: :wave: :wave:

Thank you Giorginetto!!! The best is yet to come though....in  photostory!!!!

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2010, 00:19:03 »
I went through a stage of searching ebay for these (we had bought a lot of pirate sets for christmas and I had visions of battles ala 'Pirate of the Caribbean"). Am looking forward to seeing the pics!
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2010, 05:54:34 »
No strange at all Alex!! I am a fan of naval history, and of course service in the navy drives you to become fanatic....I really love that period of history...and the uniforms (appart from the seabattles) especially!!!
I think that if i contacted playmobil hellas and asked them for a 100 of these they might have freaked out...and besides...its more fun to chase them around....

Usually a private buyer can't buy more than 9 of any individual Special figure direct from Playmobil in a single order, they seem to think if you buy 10 or more you plan to sell them on. Phoning them and explaining you want them all for yourself may get round this difficulty.

I see nothing strange in buying multiples of any uniformed figure, that's how we build armies, and of course navies.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2010, 06:06:46 »
Usually a private buyer can't buy more than 9 of any individual Special figure direct from Playmobil in a single order, they seem to think if you buy 10 or more you plan to sell them on. Phoning them and explaining you want them all for yourself may get round this difficulty.

I see nothing strange in buying multiples of any uniformed figure, that's how we build armies, and of course navies.

True Martin... I did it with other itmes i am collecting...If you explain to them they are more keen to send them... Glad my suspicion was true and confirmed!!!! ;)

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2010, 09:32:17 »
Πανο, as you are a determined collector and these royal gurads look awesome i would advice on the purchase of a few cannon galleons to  put this might army in and create a small yet powerful armada ....  :love: :love: :love: :love:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2010, 13:05:52 »

i've never thought that!!!!
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2010, 14:32:52 »
Πανο, as you are a determined collector and these royal gurads look awesome i would advice on the purchase of a few cannon galleons to  put this might army in and create a small yet powerful armada ....  :love: :love: :love: :love:

George I have only one 3940 galleon unfortunately... :( :( :( :( But i do have 4 3750 ships.... i can use the galleon as the flagship..... ;)

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2010, 15:10:29 »
I went through a stage of searching ebay for these (we had bought a lot of pirate sets for christmas and I had visions of battles ala 'Pirate of the Caribbean"). Am looking forward to seeing the pics!

Same here, and I have got a few tucked away somewhere, but not more than a dozen I think. They go in with my Pirate theme, and as their uniform is fancier than most, they will probably act as a personal honor guard to a bigwig Govenor or General, or as a Palace Guard.

I really like these figures, and wish Playmobil would use the Specials series to produce more unusual figures like this, rather than an endless series of variations on knights and pirates (of which I have plenty thank you).

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2010, 15:28:47 »

Hi Lindama !!! It will take a while!!! But stay tuned!!! ;)