Author Topic: Victorian City Life 5955  (Read 27156 times)

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
Re: Victorian City Life 5955
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2012, 12:45:54 »
Can I ask something a bit irrelevant?The Wedding Pavillion 4297 has also a baseplate on the second floor to open the attic, or it's necessary to order one baseplate!

No the pavillions do not come with the floor piece like this set, so if you want to convert a pavillion into a house with a second floor you will need to order the brown floor piece.  :)
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2012, 22:22:33 »
Thanks for sharing. I just ordered one from the fAO site last night. Now they are gone from the website. Just in time.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2012, 22:51:24 »
Thanks for sharing. I just ordered one from the fAO site last night. Now they are gone from the website. Just in time.

what finished already ???????????  i want to get 3 of them  :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2012, 22:57:38 »
It looks like TRU still has them. Do they ship internationally?

I'm undecided. I want a set, but the price is a touch too high.

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2012, 02:25:53 »
thank you for such a wonderful review, Toyologist!

the quality looks good to me. Owning most of the original victorian theme I am not particularly thrilled about this set because there is nothing new to me - however it makes me happy that non-mib victorian fans can now get some of those pieces and figures at a more reasonable price.

i wish there was an official come back in a more updated version, but may that's too much asking for ;D

Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline toyologist

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2012, 05:44:22 »
You will need two pair the special curtain rods that fit the windows at the corners (30 60 8400) and one pair of the regular rods (30 05 9760).  I didn't know about the corner rods until Gaston (tonguello) brought them to my attention a while back.  I don't usually bother with the curtains or the rods.  :lol:  Although I have had some success with cutting my own out of felt using an old pair as a template.
Joe

Thanks, Joe! You saved me some money! It's been years since I assembled my 5300. I'd forgotten all about corner curtain rods.

With two wallpaper patterns in one room, I had a tough time picking a curtain color. I've always thought that the burgundy looked best from the outside and with the formal furnishings, but I didn't like it with either wallpaper pattern. So, left to decide between pink and blue, I chose pink. Not so much because it looked better with the walls, but I thought it did look better than blue from the outside. Matched the flowers, at least.  :)

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2012, 06:50:25 »
I'm just glad I'm not going crazy. I don't have my tea cart at hand, but the photo just looked different. Must be the one that came with the blue dining room set?

Yep, it was originally found in 5316.

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2012, 08:43:06 »
I thought so. I've been wanting 5316, but the prices on Ebay  8} Was it used in other sets?

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2012, 19:54:38 »
I've never seen that set before! It looks great, the cottage is so cute! :)
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline Georgeag1972

• Playmo Master
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2012, 13:02:18 »
Wow!!! Many thanks for the pictures.
It's a wonderfuk set, I love it. :love: :love:
I like very much the figures and I think that it's a very nice set for all those that they don't have many Victorian sets, like me!!
I just hope that we will see this in Greece too.

George.
  Your passion, is inspiration for us!!!!