Author Topic: Bridgeburners II  (Read 5089 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: Bridgeburners II
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 20:29:26 »
About Malazan... Is it over? Or is it an ongoing series? Does it end well? And the most important question... how is it like with animal violence?

I've been told that the tenth book is the final book of the series... the fourth book is 1194 pages long, I paused my reading on book five, even though I have books six and seven. I've also been told that one of the three latests books (not sure if its 8,9, or 10) is 1500 pages long  :o But for the fans, I doubt it will ever end. The author is an archaelogist/antrhopolgist and has mixed a lot or real life cultural and historical aspects with fantasy elements, but the Bridgeburners are certainly disbanded before the end of the series... although a different fate awaits them  ;D

As for animals... Well, this world is so far from anything you know in fantasy novels... there are animals that can be manipulated by man, or other races (and by ither races dond expect dwarves, elves or any mainstream fantasy races) and there are animals that can manipulate man  ;)

Offline Ds dad

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 20:33:09 »
Don't remind me... How many years will we have to wait for the next one?  (and so long for season 2 - I'm still trying to get over the fact that they changed Asha's name. The Others take them  >:( )

About Malazan... Is it over? Or is it an ongoing series? Does it end well? And the most important question... how is it like with animal violence?

I LOVE your customs (I'm a sucker for brownish colors, I admit...  :love: )

Erikson finished the 10th book so the original series is done. I expect he will continue to write in the world he and Ian Cameron Esslemont created. 

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 20:34:55 »
Erikson finished the 10th book so the original series is done. I expect he will continue to write in the world he and Ian Cameron Esslemont created. 

Yeah thats what I have learned too, looking forward to these novels... so I must hurry read up the remaining 5 origina novels  ;D

Offline Ds dad

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 20:38:40 »
BTW these look great. Has COwabunga described how to make the decals anywhere on here? Or is it a secret for the initiated? ;D

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2011, 07:36:43 »
I've been told that the tenth book is the final book of the series... the fourth book is 1194 pages long, I paused my reading on book five, even though I have books six and seven. I've also been told that one of the three latests books (not sure if its 8,9, or 10) is 1500 pages long  :o But for the fans, I doubt it will ever end. The author is an archaelogist/antrhopolgist and has mixed a lot or real life cultural and historical aspects with fantasy elements, but the Bridgeburners are certainly disbanded before the end of the series... although a different fate awaits them  ;D

As for animals... Well, this world is so far from anything you know in fantasy novels... there are animals that can be manipulated by man, or other races (and by ither races dond expect dwarves, elves or any mainstream fantasy races) and there are animals that can manipulate man  ;)

Good books should be HUGE. Well, not very handy to carry about, but that's why I always pick the smallest paperbacks ;)

I mean violence with animals - hurting animals.. That is a dealbreaker for me. Not my idea of fun. George Martin goes WAY over my limit sometimes.... but that one after it is started it's too late. I jump over those horrid scenes when rereading. Though they are unfortunately quite present in my mind. Not the kind of thing you forget, I'm afraid. That is what I was asking...

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2011, 09:02:17 »
I mean violence with animals - hurting animals.. That is a dealbreaker for me. Not my idea of fun. George Martin goes WAY over my limit sometimes.... but that one after it is started it's too late. I jump over those horrid scenes when rereading. Though they are unfortunately quite present in my mind. Not the kind of thing you forget, I'm afraid. That is what I was asking...

The only incidents I recall are the slayings of two of the Hounds of Shadow (huge mean beasts with shoulders level to a man's chest) their souls imprisoned and later released to be reborn again.... as I said, no simple events in these series...

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2011, 12:27:25 »
Thanks! Maybe I shall add it to my (ever growing) list ;)

Then I'll come back to see if the playmoversions are as I imagined them :)  But I love them - I think the brownish colors are great on klickies (ok, and most everything else...)

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2011, 17:20:25 »
Nice customs Panos. Like Tahra said, it really makes a change to see brown figures. Not too
Heraldic, though, perfect for fantasy customs.

Best,
Arnaud

Life in the so called space age...

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2011, 17:35:28 »
Nice customs Panos. Like Tahra said, it really makes a change to see brown figures. Not too
Heraldic, though, perfect for fantasy customs.

Best,
Arnaud

Thank you Arnaud!! This project would not be possible without your decal art!!!

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2011, 16:24:54 »
They sure do look great Sir WOlf, can't wait to see them all lined up and ready for action :-)