Author Topic: Giorginettos Medieval Collection  (Read 159435 times)

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
Re: Giorginettos Medieval Collection
« Reply #270 on: June 25, 2010, 13:57:36 »
why devided ??? wouldnt that be confusing and its all plain and simple in terms of number of klickies  ??? ???

Maybe for Justindo's sake. :hmm: ;D

i want to buy more romans , perhaps built 6 chorts , i am losing it guys ....  8} 8} 8} 8} 8} 8}

If you are going to buy 6 cohorts, why not 10 and make it a whole legion. ;D
Muwahahahahahaha! Im not helping. >:D
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #271 on: June 25, 2010, 14:25:35 »
If you are going to buy 6 cohorts, why not 10 and make it a whole legion. ;D
Muwahahahahahaha! Im not helping. >:D

No, you are not WoT !!!! 10x 80 = 800 Klickies .... hmmm a very intersting thought ( i will have to become a mafiozo next to sustain my klickie fever...  :lol: :lol: :lol:)

Well i am off to playmobil hellas now and the fever is on. God help me bank account it will suffer again.....
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #272 on: June 25, 2010, 14:55:31 »
No, no Giorginetto.
A Century is 80 men. A Cohort is 6 Centuries.
There are 10 Cohorts in a Legion.
And the first Cohort is double the size of any other.

So 80, times 6... 480.
480 times 11 (because the first Cohort is double the size)...
Plus Cavalry and supplies makes around 5,500.

Now I'm really not helping! ;D ;D ;D

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #273 on: June 25, 2010, 15:25:35 »
Plus Cavalry and supplies makes around 5,500.

Now I'm really not helping! ;D ;D ;D

No you are not at all WoT !!!!! 5500 uh ....  8} 8} 8} 8} 8} 8} 8} 8} 8} 8} 8} 8}

5500/3= 1833 sets of 3 Leggionnaires, now thats a bit too much !!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #274 on: June 25, 2010, 16:13:49 »
If I had a million dollars... ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfM3sYq5At0

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #275 on: June 25, 2010, 18:08:11 »
As previously stated, each of my Roman "centuries" has 20 men plus 3 officers (a centurion, a signifier, and a cornicen).  I have 6 "centuries" of legionaries, 6 "centuries" of Praetorians, 2 "centuries" of auxiliary infantry, 2 "centuries" of auxiliary archers, 1 "century" of marines, 2 "turmae" (10 men and 1 officer) of auxiliary cavalry, and 2 "turmae" of Praetorian cavalry.  I also have two additional "centuries" (1 legionary and 1 Praetorian) to man each "cohort's" 6 scorpions and 1 onager.  I hope to post pictures of all these once I get my playroom organized, as there is Playmobil from various projects all over the floor right now!
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #276 on: June 25, 2010, 22:19:37 »
Wow Justindo! :o
2 Cohorts! And a Praetorian Cohort... Ohhh, ahhh!!! :o :o :o
I prefer Urban Cohorts.
(The lesser known organisation made to help balance the power of the Praetorian Guards,
And be used as a police force for the city of Rome, later they were used in other cities aswell.)

(Dunno why I like them better... Maybe the name? The colors? The fact they were created by Augustus?
(My favorite Roman... not that I consider converting the Republic into an Empire a good thing,
But he was a great general.))

You have an army that is the same size as Giorginetto's (...slightly larger even)! :omg:

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #277 on: June 25, 2010, 23:12:52 »
Wow Justindo! :o
2 Cohorts! And a Praetorian Cohort... Ohhh, ahhh!!! :o :o :o
I prefer Urban Cohorts.
(The lesser known organisation made to help balance the power of the Praetorian Guards,
And be used as a police force for the city of Rome, later they were used in other cities aswell.)

(Dunno why I like them better... Maybe the name? The colors? The fact they were created by Augustus?
(My favorite Roman... not that I consider converting the Republic into an Empire a good thing,
But he was a great general.))

You have an army that is the same size as Giorginetto's (...slightly larger even)! :omg:

Two or three "cohorts" are a bit much to move around the battlefield, but that's what I've got! ;)

Are you a Rome:  Total War fan?  The game has the Urban Cohort as its strongest Roman infantry unit, but this isn't really historically accurate.  The Urban Cohorts were really more of a police force that patrolled Rome and Roman cities as opposed to the elite bodyguards and troops that the Praetorians were.  Men of the Urban Cohort served longer, were payed less, had less stringent physical requirements, and were not afforded the same prestige of their Praetorian counterparts.  Like the auxiliaries and legions, the Urban Cohorts were often a stepping stone for men and officers to the Praetorians.  There is a very good Osprey book on the Praetorians that covers the Urban Cohorts somewhat and the pictures are very nice.

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #278 on: June 26, 2010, 00:55:57 »
Yes, Rome Total War is where I first heard of them... :-[ ;D
They look so much cooler in the game! :lol:

Were they dressed the same as Praetorians? Did they have the same colors?
I might change my Urbans to Praetorians if they did. ;)

I don't think 2-3 Cohorts are too many at all Justindo! ;D ;D ;D

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #279 on: June 26, 2010, 05:33:59 »
Were they dressed the same as Praetorians? Did they have the same colors?
I might change my Urbans to Praetorians if they did. ;)

While in Rome, the Praetorians would often wear only togas and hid their gladii beneath them so as not to arouse suspicion.  Nevertheless, because of this formal dress, they still often stood out.  The Urban Cohorts shared some similarities with the Praetorians, so they could, perhaps, have the same armor and dress.

As far as colors, as with the legions, there is no definitive judgment.  It seems the legions wore primarily either natural and/or red tunics.  The Praetorians probably followed suit, although blue and white is often mentioned with them.  I'm fine with using Playmobil's blue Roman Specials as Praetorians.