Author Topic: A Playmobil Porsche 911  (Read 21201 times)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Re: A Playmobil Porsche 911
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2012, 22:18:28 »
Oh, no, please do... I'd LOVE to see their faces.. or they'd just say, "ah, from George".. with a knowing look  :P

He does have a reputation, doesn't he! ;)
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2012, 23:45:47 »
but it's not us collectors (myself included) who are saying don't associate with the past reference....it's PM who doesn't want the stigma, right?  Isn't that why we're not even allowed to post customs of WWII warcraft made from PM toys?
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2012, 00:20:40 »
Yeah but I don't think anyone much associates those car companies with that era anymore, so surely it wouldn't be an issue.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2012, 00:36:52 »
Well, concering cars, personally I'm still waiting for Geobra to release a PCC-van.
An oldstyle 70's VW-van would be the most appropriate for that.  :love:

;D

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2012, 03:46:01 »
other than LGB, PM never makes toys that require licensing of an outside company's design anyway, so they could still get away with making a generic PM version of any vehicle (or real life or movie character), including a very Porsche-esque car without it actually being an official Porsche.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2012, 07:23:04 »
other than LGB, PM never makes toys that require licensing of an outside company's design anyway, so they could still get away with making a generic PM version of any vehicle (or real life or movie character), including a very Porsche-esque car without it actually being an official Porsche.

Well the idea here is that this 911 is made with licence / collaboration with Porsche, just like PM did with BMW some years agao with the Z4 / Herpa car. Given that 911 has its 50th birthday next year  this would be perfect timing if you ask me  :love: :love: :love: :love:. A 911 like car wouldnt mean a think. Playmobil created a Ferrari 348 convertible 'look alike' in the late 80s

http://collectobil.com/catalogue/items/3708.htm

The similarities to the 348 were all there, but that set went unoticed . I wonder how many more sets it would  have sold if there was a Ferrari badge in it. There is a massive market for 1:18 cars out there , i am pretty certain a 911 Playmobil would sell very well . I would buy a dozen to say the least  :love: :love: :love: :love:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2012, 07:50:21 »
I forwarded my idea to Playmobil.  ;)
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2012, 09:02:25 »
Well the idea here is that this 911 is made with licence / collaboration with Porsche, just like PM did with BMW some years agao with the Z4 / Herpa car. Given that 911 has its 50th birthday next year  this would be perfect timing if you ask me  :love: :love: :love: :love:. A 911 like car wouldnt mean a think. Playmobil created a Ferrari 348 convertible 'look alike' in the late 80s

http://collectobil.com/catalogue/items/3708.htm

The similarities to the 348 were all there, but that set went unoticed . I wonder how many more sets it would  have sold if there was a Ferrari badge in it. There is a massive market for 1:18 cars out there , i am pretty certain a 911 Playmobil would sell very well . I would buy a dozen to say the least  :love: :love: :love: :love:

oh my mistake!  i had no idea PM actually did make an official licensed product through BMW.  So here's hoping for the Porsche!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2012, 09:17:57 »
oh my mistake!  i had no idea PM actually did make an official licensed product through BMW.  So here's hoping for the Porsche!

I am not sure if that was through BMW or Herpa or both, as there was a Herpa logo on those boxes and Herpa manufactures 1:18 etc car models . These Playmo/Herpa  sets were sold through the BMW dealers when i was in the UK at some point and i know for a fact that one of  the BMW UK official dealerships ( in Farnborough)  would give to any Z4 buyers with kids one of these as a present.

Anyways , i did sent a letter to Playmobil and i will update if i have an answer...  :)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2012, 11:09:36 »
And there was another Herpa playmocar later, right?

Maybe a mercedes? (Sorry, I know nothing of cars)

Does anyone have it? I THINK I have the first repeats.... and I'd love a trade. Of course, THIS TIME I'd settle for one (or two  :-[ ) colors... instead of all of them.  ::)