Author Topic: Collectors meeting 25-05-2024  (Read 2877 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Collectors meeting 25-05-2024
« on: November 12, 2023, 18:56:36 »
Collectors in KW are organizing a meeting next May..

Details:
https://klickywelt.de/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=79582

Signup thread
https://klickywelt.de/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=79583

I am hoping to go... and hopefully see some of you again.. and some for the first time (we do know each other for ages without actually ever seeing each other...)

So.... who intends to go?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 21:00:09 by tahra »

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: Collectors meeting 25-05-2024
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2023, 19:37:48 »
I am glad someone is organizing something. Will there be any collector shows going on around the same time? I am sure Oliver will have a museum show or two to go to. I have been planning for a Europe trip for the 50th anniversary and since the company isn't doing anything wanted to plan around one of the big collector shows like Share the Smile or LuxPlaymoDays. I can only go once though, for up to 3 weeks maybe.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2023, 21:01:03 »
I am glad someone is organizing something. Will there be any collector shows going on around the same time? I am sure Oliver will have a museum show or two to go to. I have been planning for a Europe trip for the 50th anniversary and since the company isn't doing anything wanted to plan around one of the big collector shows like Share the Smile or LuxPlaymoDays. I can only go once though, for up to 3 weeks maybe.

I'd love that too, but I believe that'd take a car, which I will not have so...

I can only go once too. And probably less than a week.. But I would love to meet some of you.

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2023, 01:03:51 »
So.... who intends to go?

me ;D

I would absolutely love to meet any Playmofriend in person. (no pressure)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2023, 12:48:31 »
I would absolutely love to see my Playmofriends (again!), but I don't think I can make it to an event on a Saturday in May in Zirndorf when the kids have school the previous day - Seb is still very young and only attends half days. I'd need to come by myself on Saturday and take public transport etc.

Share the Smile (13-14 April) is right where I live, and I'd attend anyway, so that would be ideal. I know Playmoto and Hes attended last year, and several other collectors who have been active here.

LuxPlaymoDays could also work (late August - during our school vacation), but I don't think the official date is released yet. It's only a 3 hour drive for us, so Mitri and I could go by car and leave the kids with their grandparents for a day or two.

There are other Playmobil fairs, in the Netherlands for example, I'll need to look into it.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2023, 20:17:40 »
me ;D

I would absolutely love to meet any Playmofriend in person. (no pressure)

Awesome!

I would absolutely love to see my Playmofriends (again!), but I don't think I can make it to an event on a Saturday in May in Zirndorf when the kids have school the previous day - Seb is still very young and only attends half days. I'd need to come by myself on Saturday and take public transport etc.

:'(  I was really hoping to see you guys again...

Share the Smile (13-14 April) is right where I live, and I'd attend anyway, so that would be ideal. I know Playmoto and Hes attended last year, and several other collectors who have been active here.

LuxPlaymoDays could also work (late August - during our school vacation), but I don't think the official date is released yet. It's only a 3 hour drive for us, so Mitri and I could go by car and leave the kids with their grandparents for a day or two.

That was... AMAZING.  :love:

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2023, 08:47:11 »
I'm scheduling in a visit to (relatively) nearby Bamberg (60 km) when in Zirndorf, to stock up on 71014 Heinrichs und Kunigundes. That shop doesn't know what's going to hit them, with so many collectors in the area :D

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2023, 08:48:10 »
I'm scheduling in a visit to (relatively) nearby Bamberg (60 km) when in Zirndorf, to stock up on 71014 Heinrichs und Kunigundes. That shop doesn't know what's going to hit them, with so many collectors in the area :D

I wish we could organize something - I assume most of the "international" pfs don't do this every day... 

Could we maybe organize another lunch/visit somewhere?  If some people had cars maybe we could make it somewhere, splitting costs (of course).. 

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2023, 00:06:41 »
Could we maybe organize another lunch/visit somewhere?  If some people had cars maybe we could make it somewhere, splitting costs (of course)..

If you're flying in over Munich (where I live), then we could proceed as you suggest. Sounds like fun! If not, we can organize something different. The meeting is going to be my treat for 2024 <:>

As a Playmobil fan, you MUST also visit Nuremburg, because that is exactly the example from which Steck and the entire medieval Klicky world of the seventies got to look as it does.

edit: my 1000th post - I got the be a MASTER :banana:

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2023, 01:47:43 »

As a Playmobil fan, you MUST also visit Nuremburg, because that is exactly the example from which Steck and the entire medieval Klicky world of the seventies got to look as it does.

edit: my 1000th post - I got the be a MASTER :banana:
Is that restricted to the altstadt or is there a lot of medieval remains elsewhere in the city? Speaking of which having a larger steck house based on Albrecht Durer's or similar historic buildings would surely be of interest.

Congrats on your milestone!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 01:54:44 by Klickteryx »