Author Topic: UK Newbie  (Read 2524 times)

Offline Romemobil

• Playmo Enthusiast
  • Rome Sweet Rome !
UK Newbie
« on: May 16, 2018, 10:04:20 »
Hi Everyone,

From a UK Newbie, New here but not to Playmobil in fact I'm returning after about a thirty year break, its funny how so many us return to Playmobil isn't it ? I still remember the first ever piece of Playmobil or as it was then "PlayPeople" it was a Fireman set no 3366 followed by the medic and Police man with motor bike I think my Father was as much an enthusiast as me because I was bought so much Playmobil and we both spent so much time constructing and playing with it some of the other sets that come to mind are the train sets I remember having a wild west "puffing billy" type and a more modern white and light blue train.
My first building was The Village Inn set no 3448 in the early 1980's buildings were still quite rare in the UK I remember getting the Village Inn and others on holidays to Italy, Greece and Spain - The Village sparked my collecting many of the Medieval buildings the armory, the bakery, the tailors shop etc and also the City walls.

To come up to date and my re-interest in Playmobil was sparked by the "Roman" series which I'm currently building up and hope to produce some dioramas in the future - there's so much more choice now too eg options to create custom buildings etc and for me that will be part of the fun.

I hope to chat / exchange emails with some of you whilst on here with tips,advice ideas etc

Happy Mobiling

John

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
Re: UK Newbie
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 11:42:10 »
Welcome fellow Roman aficionado, I too started decades ago, with a sheriff and then some firemen, only to be drawn back in by THE GLORY THAT WAS ROME.  :roman: :roman: :roman: :roman: :roman: :roman: :roman: :apple: Looking forward to pictures of your arrangements!
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 11:45:03 »
Welcome from Portugal :)

Looking forward to seeing your pics  - the romans are also a "core" theme for me :love:

Offline CymroMobil

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 16:48:54 »
Welcome from Wales!

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 19:53:55 »
Being that you are in the UK your "puffing billy" was most likely the "Steaming Mary" set 4032 though if Playmobil does decided to produce a new western theme train however unlikely I think the Puffing Billy would be a great name choice.

Welcome to the forum and I hope you do stay a very long time with us and share your collection with us.

Cheers from Canada.
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop." Lewis Carroll

Offline Corso

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 20:27:16 »
Welcome from the Netherlands  :wave:

Just finished my own Roman (and Egyptian) diorama, so we’ve got that in common :)

Offline Romemobil

• Playmo Enthusiast
  • Rome Sweet Rome !
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 07:42:54 »
Thanks Mad Hadder and yes that's the set alright ! Steaming Mary or Puffing Billy

Thanks

John

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 16:52:10 »
Welcome from Oregon!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 16:54:19 »
Welcome from North Yorkshire!   :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 20:18:02 »
Welcome from sunny Arizona! 8-) :cowboy: