Author Topic: when where these musketeers on ds??  (Read 2615 times)

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: when where these muscetiars on ds??
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 19:51:54 »
I think you mean the musketeers Alex!  ;) I've never liked that name for these klickies actually! They are more noblemen/princes than musketeers...

Hmmm if the sets (3021 and 3022) where the original ones appeared stoped producing in 2004, maybe you could find them in DS after that year...maybe 2005- 2006?

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 20:05:10 »
I think you mean the musketeers Alex!  ;) I've never liked that name for these klickies actually! They are more noblemen/princes than musketeers...

Hmmm if the sets (3021 and 3022) where the original ones appeared stoped producing in 2004, maybe you could find them in DS after that year...maybe 2005- 2006?

yes  musketeers  ,thanks!!!!!
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 20:06:36 »
I think they were musketeers in the sense of Alexander Dumas's "Three Musketeers":

http://www.acadianmelancon.com/images/Dartagnan-musketeers.jpg
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 20:07:41 »
oh yes true !!!!!!! ;)
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 20:34:10 »
I think they were musketeers in the sense of Alexander Dumas's "Three Musketeers":

http://www.acadianmelancon.com/images/Dartagnan-musketeers.jpg

I accept that Gordon! But they look nothing compared to that wonderfull illustration you've linked here!
I have these klickies, bought them in the original sets, and I like them a lot.
But sorry, in this DS set, I just see them as princes handling swords...

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: when where these musketeers on ds??
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 01:48:48 »
Hi

Well I just love their fabulous colors  :hehe: we have them too from the original sets and ours are fancy princes in the fairy tale castles 

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 02:21:33 »
Shame they didn't give these three Musketeers somewhere to put their rapiers when not held.

With the number of Musketeer figures over the years I hope they're going to eventually do a full Musketeer theme, but I think they're really intended as add-ons to the Fairytale Castle theme.

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 08:55:32 »
Shame they didn't give these three Musketeers somewhere to put their rapiers when not held.

With the number of Musketeer figures over the years I hope they're going to eventually do a full Musketeer theme, but I think they're really intended as add-ons to the Fairytale Castle theme.

I too thought this, Martin, but eventually came to your conclusion.

I think the Musketeer Specials are much better than these Add Ons.  Alas, I'm missing the Blue Musketeer Special and they never seem to come up on ebay. :'(
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy: