Author Topic: wrong image on part finder  (Read 3003 times)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
Re: wrong image on part finder
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2016, 12:32:24 »
It doesn't affect the play value, folks!
Yes it does dammit! Next you'll be saying we can substitute needed parts with lego!!! The world's going to hell.  :rock: :rock: :rock:   >:D

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2016, 12:56:19 »
Yes it does dammit! Next you'll be saying we can substitute needed parts with lego!!! The world's going to hell.  :rock: :rock: :rock:   >:D

Calm down, Klickteryx, no need to panic. Or for that language and the frantic gesticulations. I suppose that GrahamB was just trying to express what he believes to be the mindset of Geobra packers (correct me if I am wrong). Should you be so unlucky to catch a substituted part, just write in to claim a replacement. I understand that always works effectively.

Cutting corners at assembly but lavishing on customer services may be a strange business model and perhaps not ideal for customer satisfaction, but such is what we almost have come to expect from our favourite toy manufacturer.

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2016, 13:16:49 »
Cutting corners at assembly but lavishing on customer services may be a strange business model

Clearly you are not using iberia "customer service"...

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2016, 16:04:46 »

That phrase 'It doesn't affect the play value, folks' is one I have seen several times (or phrases like it) in eBay listings where someone is trying to palm off a load of junk, like a PM house with half the roof missing or a horse with three legs. "My kids have played with it for hours and don't seem to mind that none of the figures has hair". That's because either (a) the parent really thinks letting a child play with c**p encourages their imagination ('When I were a lad, we used to play with an empty beer bottle. By 'eck, didn't we 'ave fun?") or (b) the parent allows their children to be destructive with wonderful but expensive toys and thinks that is an acceptable part of a child's development. 

I think it DOES affect the play value if you don't get what is shown on the box (depending on how discerning you are...) or if it is in some other way substandard. My comment was ironic, but irony doesn't always work in text, sorry to have misled you!

And StJohn is right, I think most of Geobra's thinking never gets beyond the idea "It's a toy for children and children won't notice/ don't mind if it is different from what we might have led them to expect and even if they do and their parents take the trouble to complain (which most won't) we can offer them something to replace it..."
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2016, 20:41:25 »
My comment was ironic, but irony doesn't always work in text, sorry to have misled you!

That's okay, my over-the-top response was meant to be humorous but as you say, text based language lacks the life of the spoken word.

DS is an excellent service and I'm just dipping my toe in at the moment.

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2016, 20:59:08 »
Clearly you are not using iberia "customer service"...

No, I'm not. But what is it like? They still replace wrong parts, right? Duty of care, and so forth ...

DS is an excellent service and I'm just dipping my toe in at the moment.

I'm glad to hear this!

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2016, 19:51:12 »
Thought I should say that the parts arrived and the correct halberd was included.
I find it interesting that a couple of old weapons were updated by having their shafts made longer and a ridge added near the end of the shaft. The halberd and boar spear are two that I've noticed.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2016, 20:34:34 »
I find it interesting that a couple of old weapons were updated by having their shafts made longer and a ridge added near the end of the shaft. The halberd and boar spear are two that I've noticed.

And aren't they ridiculously soft? The new flagpoles are even hard to use  ::)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2016, 22:42:31 »
And aren't they ridiculously soft? The new flagpoles are even hard to use  ::)
Ah yes, the flagpole is another one with that ring ridge.

Yes, they're horribly soft. I got my first one with the steck musuem re-release and didn't like the way it didn't sit straight.

Like the longer spears they have a tendency to warp if put away with any kind of pressure on them though they're softer than the spears and therefore worse.

I hope they don't end up like some toy accessories that are more rubber than plastic.

How many kids have actually been stabbed with the flagpoles anyway? ::)