Author Topic: 4891 - CHRISTMAS MARKET - Review  (Read 11257 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: 4891 - CHRISTMAS MARKET - Review
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2011, 12:12:54 »
The blue and white sweater lady is now Collectible 5204-5 with different accessories in light blue rather than teal. In the photo below, the 4891 lady is on the left with the aqua scarf; the 5204-5 collectible figure is on the right with light blue accessories. They are two very cool ladies.

Thanks for the bump - I plan to buy this, and I'm, quite happy that the snow comes off!

Thanks for sharing a comparison of these two figures, pgal! I had thought they were the same, and thought it strange one of the mystery figures wouls be a recycled klicky. But now I see there are a few differences, my favorite of which are removable gloves. I hate when the actual hands are colored.

I like the colored hands - means the creature can be white, black or indian without further problems!  ;D

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2011, 12:17:22 »
Now that is true... I was thinking that after I posted it. I am always finding customizing black or dark skinned figures difficult, as I am limited by what arms I can use. However, most of my klickys are zoo visitors, so it looks weird for some to be in shorts and flip flops and other so cold they are wearing gloves! And I prefer the summery look, because zoos are not great in winter.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2011, 19:02:13 »
i too thought those female figures were the same!
i like the one from the christmas set best though

and one of those women from the set is wearing an abercrombie & fitch sweater! ;D
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Jay

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2011, 01:41:46 »
I've seen them at one store so far. Any idea if TRU will have it in the US stores?

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2011, 04:07:30 »
JAY: Nothing new in our TRU store as of Sunday. But you can order the Christmas market and room from US DS.

LUIS: You must be what we call a "clothes horse" in the US to recognize that A&F sweater! I think that both of the color combinations are great...the more the merrrier.

These two sets are full of really cool parts. Making the snow on the stall roofs optional is really neat because you can use them year round this way.

Cheers, Pgal :wave:

After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline Celeste in New Orleans

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2011, 21:05:26 »
I can't wait to get this set!

Offline Jay

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2011, 20:57:21 »
I had planned on buying three or four sets, but I wonder if the stalls will be available from DS? I did a Christkindalmarket a few years back using the stalls from the Victorian/Knights market, plus tons of food, dolls, and stuff to sell. I was able to buy those from DS at the time. I have a few left but sold most of them on ebay. I'm already planing how to do this, but those extra stalls will be a big help.