Author Topic: "Innards" of klickies  (Read 2563 times)

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
Re: "Innards" of klickies
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2017, 07:50:55 »
[H]e blocked me from bidding/buying!!

I recognise Hadoque's experience - I too got blocked by that temperamental seller after querying shipping costs, but then I grovelled and he let me back in. Good, because his offers are great - just don't protest when the invoice gets dearer than you expect!

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2017, 08:00:45 »
[T]hat temperamental seller  (..)

(...) has caught that 'I don't like money' disease through handling PM?

Mmm, I might have been unblocked but now see that he does not ship to Germany at all, so that doesn't do me any good. I regret the grovelling, GrahamB could be right ...

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2017, 11:02:54 »
If the seller has blocked certain countries, you won't see their items on the eBay site for that country.

That's odd, I've always been able to see auctions that exclude my country just had difficulty bidding. It would seem strange to put such a restriction in place as you might be sending as a gift to an acceptable country.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2017, 16:12:19 »
Don't get me started on the vagaries of eBay. Suffice to say that different systems operate in different countries (e.g all UK sellers must offer Paypal even if they offer other payment options, but German sellers are not obliged to offer Paypal- thankfully most of those that are willing to ship outside Germany do offer PayPal) and searching when your primary address is in a different country can confuse their systems. And several times I have had to contact sellers because eBay has failed to offer me the full range of payment options after I win an item, though sometimes this was my fault (don't try to pay for items won on eBay.de by using eBay.co.uk unless you are using PayPal, for example). It's a mess, but it's still the best way to track down PM parts and sets around the world!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)