Author Topic: 5848 Viking's popin Blister  (Read 4456 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
5848 Viking's popin Blister
« on: January 17, 2009, 16:35:40 »
Well here is the Big Red Round Blister pack, AKA Target . In this pack we have some old and now retired fellers . It is made up of previously used Vikings i am sure will be used to fill in some missing troops . 

Front Pic

Back Pic

Here is a useful Klicky that came from the 5714 or 3156 boat. I will use him to expand the
 viking army as he has less individual attire . With simple wig and facial hair swaps he could be used allot

Striped down, with less accessories he still has some useful parts

The second of the Vikings comes from the 3150 or 5723 Long Boat and 3175 camp. I do not
like the purple colors but the beard is a very welcome piece

Despite his color Playmobil has certainly made up for it with the amount of accessories provided .

And here we have them at their day or night "job"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
Re: 5848 Viking's popin Blister
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 20:24:24 »

And here we have them at their day or night "job"

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
THIS IS A FAMILY WEBSITE!!!!

YOU NEED TO ADD A DISCLAIMER FOR THE CHILDREN THAT BOTH THOSE VIKINGS ARE IN LOVE WITH AND MARRIED TO THAT WOMAN!!!

But, hey, great report!  All things considered, the viking two-pack could be worse.  At least it comes with decent parts and reasonably reusable figures.

-Tim

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 16:28:07 »
Tim,

This reminds me of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland where in one scene the pirates are chasing the women around the square, Disney saw fit in this modern day and age to give the women trays of food to carry to give the pirates a reason to chase them (I am sure in Rasputin's case the woman is their waitress and they want more water). But I digress.

Gepetto

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 17:00:13 »
Yes Gepetto, That is what they want , Her Jugs of Water * :lol:

* notice Feel free as an admin to remove my comment
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 18:36:10 »
This is a very generous selection of accessories for two figures - the bowman would not have had much chance to use his shield.

However I have plenty of Vikings so no need for more for my particular army.

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 20:20:42 »
This reminds me of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland where in one scene the pirates are chasing the women around the square, Disney saw fit in this modern day and age to give the women trays of food to carry to give the pirates a reason to chase them (I am sure in Rasputin's case the woman is their waitress and they want more water). But I digress.

It's all fun and games until the child must sit with his/her parents and explain to Mom and Pop about the birds and the bees.

Heh, better still--did Disney change what the pirates were drinking to soda pop?  I'm not joking.  A vocal minority of Americans have gone tee-total and regard alcohol as something people drink for no other reason than to get smashed.

Is it just me or does Playmobil no longer produce the foam that goes with the beer mugs?  On the other hand, the new wedding feast does come with champagne.  So, maybe I am seeing meddling where there is none.

But, seriously, my local target has opened up with the new blisters.

The fat viking is a useful all purpose figure.

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 01:05:39 »
Timotheos,

The foam for the beer mugs are still available (I buy mugs and foam with every DS order, love 'em) as are the poker cards but the pipes and spitoon are out!

Gepetto