Author Topic: Shock! DS parts for 1,000 € / each  (Read 2060 times)

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
Shock! DS parts for 1,000 € / each
« on: July 28, 2019, 21:23:58 »
Tiersammler at KW (sign-in required) discovered something funny, or perhaps disturbing:

The horse 30651894 from 70073 is available for 1,000 € 8} at German DS, as is the unicorn 30652244 from 70077, with the same prices adjusted to local currencies in the sister shops:

Probably cheaper to buy the set.  ???

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
Re: Shock! DS parts for 1,000 € / each
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 21:33:40 »
This is because the distributer of “Playmobil The Movie” has licensed those animals. A couple of weeks ago I tried to order one of the Spirit horses (also “priced” over 1000 euro). So I sent an email to the Benelux DS-Service to ask if this was a mistake and “it wasn’t”. The klickies and animals that are licensed are simply not available for separate orders. So indeed, you have to buy the complete set in order to collect the animals.
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2019, 22:04:09 »
Thanks for telling that the phenomenon is more widespread than the two creatures found by Tiersammler.

Still, I find it very peculiar: why not simply block parts from licensed sets from the DS repertoire, instead of charging such absurd prices? We all know and accept that lots of non-licensed parts are off-limits (figures, but also more), so why not go about in that way?

Charging 1,000 € for a toy horse is not only poor taste, but might have legal implications too: one could argue that they abuse their position of dominant firm by charging unfair prices.

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 04:33:42 »
I thought the usual way was to say that it wasn't available, like the cow harness that comes with the hay cart or the steck floor fillers.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2019, 07:47:23 »
I suppose there is no millionaire among us, that can BUY the darn critter? 

It's not unanvailable - that wouldn't really surprise anyone, right? It's just expensive as Tartarus.

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2019, 08:08:05 »
On the UK site figures and horses come up as not available.

Buy a few sets and break them down and sell on eBay and you could come out very well.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2019, 09:06:36 »
Buy a few sets and break them down and sell on eBay and you could come out very well.

Very true..

I just hope the fire horse WILL be available...
(though I admit I was planning to get that unicorn from parts :( )

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2019, 23:53:25 »

Impossible in Belgium if you down´t have a business and a VAT-number. Postal shipping rates in Belgium are so super-expensive for non-professionals that selling anything on ebay (or in private) that can´t be handed over in person, has almost become impossible. For shipping f.e. 5 playmo hats from Belgium to neighbouring France with tracking (as required on ebay, and best to do anyway because besides being super-expensive the postal service here looses stuff all the time), the shippingcost would be between 10 and 20 euro. Who would pay such shipping-cost for a few accessories with a maximum worth of about 5 euro?
Only remaining worthwhile way for private persons here is to ship without tracking and crossing fingers that whatever you´ve sent will arrive some day at it´s destination.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 00:01:27 by Hadoque »

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2019, 05:12:39 »
That Belgian postage sounds crazy. I think most parcels here in NZ are sent untracked, the biggest online trade site is trademe (which is why we don't have our own ebay site) and they don't require tracking. I hope it stays that way too. :crossed:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2019, 07:31:21 »
Before, tracking was only used among strangers, as proof...  and on ebay was an option for the buyer.

Now.. ebay treats sellers as criminals, so most will not send ANYTHING not tracked. And personally, I don't send anything untracked either, because postal services (and those delivery "companies") are all a mess.  :(

Let us thank the Gods for the german postal fees...