Author Topic: What happens to our collections after we pass on?  (Read 12479 times)

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
Re: What happens to our collections after we pass on?
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2010, 07:15:39 »
WOW that's a whopping collection :o :o :o I wonder if they'll post to the UK? :lol:

Yes I find it a bit sad too :(

Damo :)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2010, 09:00:11 »
The included pictures are very deceiving! It appears the seller used other peoples photos, instead of showing organized scattered contents of what is included in the storage tubs. It's difficult to decipher if you are getting many timber style houses, castles, etc. For the demanded price they are asking, they need to show exactly what is in the tubs :hissyfit:!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 16:10:47 by Bill Blackhurst »
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2010, 10:23:47 »
Thay auction is a fraud . i advice all to avoid it as the pictures taken are from advertisements etc and from large exhibition dioramas. And if i assume the first picture is the set for sale its nowhere near the asking price its worth , probably around 150-180 dollars max i would say.

Dodgy ebay sale this is .......
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2010, 12:54:16 »
Yes, I did notice one of the pics is a stock picture of one of the newest castle, and the other pics are of old castles. It could be a fraud, but my other thought was, if these people were not the collectors and didn't really know or care about playmobil, it might seem like a castle is a castle; what's the difference, and so just put generic pictures up. They probably know nothing about steck and systemX and that some sets have more value than others and that it would be so important to know which castles are for sale.
If someone is thinking of bidding, you could email them for better pictures or a more detailed description. It would probably become evident whether it was a fraud or not.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2010, 13:12:16 »
Hmmm..
Maybe in my will I should say, sell Steck and System-X separately! :lol:
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2010, 07:04:06 »
I can't imagine having to sort through all those parts to figure out which part goes to which set..... so mind boggling 8}

That's one thing I wonder about my collection: I know which parts go to what, but my kids (who would inherit the collection) may not necessarily know once I am passed.

I thought about labelling each major item with a tiny numbered sticker, and then creating a spreadsheet to inventory each part and organize it by lot, as well as provide a field for any notes or comments about the piece(s) so that if I am no longer around, one might attempt to make sense of all my random bits and sets and such, along with approximate value in the case they want to sell them.
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2010, 17:36:49 »
That's a lot of organizational work. Do you keep your instruction sheets? For most bigger sets you can just use the instructions like a shopping list and pick out the pieces from a mixed collection. The exception are sets with no instructions. It might be a good idea to keep a snapshot of the parts in any sets that don't have instructions if you are concerned about separating parts out for future resale.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2010, 18:03:21 »
I make certain I keep at least one instruction sheet from any set... I do miss a few but I am sure I can find them on ebay!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2010, 18:04:34 »
i have a big box full of instructions  ;D ;D ;D
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2010, 23:12:39 »
Same here. I dont keep my boxes  :-[ but I have a drawer full of instructions.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.