Author Topic: Wildlife 5415 Gorilla's and Okapi's  (Read 7408 times)

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
Re: Wildlife 5415 Gorilla's and Okapi's
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2013, 01:01:56 »
hello conniefrere,
thanks for sharing!

....if its not too much of a trouble, I have been searching for the right PM part to make a quiver (box) carried by samurai armies
...are you able to strap that oblong box to her back (I fear its a bit too wide)....here's a picture of the box I am still searching for ;
(sorry for digressing)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2013, 05:07:50 »
I have not seen an Okapi in real life and untill bb said they are as big or bigger than a horse I too thought they were smaller. The one Goebra made looks good but the size is more deer like than horse like. Is there a pygmy okapi? there is in playmobil  :P
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2013, 08:27:18 »
The PM okapi's back reaches to a person's shoulder, so that's quite right.
They've got a breeding program with okapis in the zoo nearby here: three babies born last year  :love:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2013, 11:38:26 »
There's a picture of one next to a human here: http://www.bonoboincongo.com/2007/09/17/i-remember-okapi-first-epulu-next-lomami/ They are also very wide and sturdily built, weighing up to 700 pounds, so it is a large animal. The playmobil one just doesn't give the same impression to me. But I'm still glad to have it, it's better than not having one at all!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2013, 14:18:42 »
Yeah I guess they should be a bit more bulky, now I see the picture.

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2013, 17:44:14 »
Bonnie, where did you get yours? are they now in the US?
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2013, 19:12:51 »
bb, I do not know much about Okapi so I was wondering what theme or other animals do they belong with? I would guess safari w/elephants and zebras
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2013, 19:23:10 »
The Okapi is the closest relative to the giraffe. They are an African forest dweller so gorillas mainly, and leopards, also forest elephants

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2013, 19:44:22 »
The Okapi is the closest relative to the giraffe. They are an African forest dweller so gorillas mainly, and leopards, also forest elephants

Oh, that is a bit different than I imagined. thanks Tim

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2013, 20:01:40 »
Bonnie, where did you get yours? are they now in the US?

Not yet. Zookeeper was kind enough to help me get them. :love:

Ras, as Tim says, deep forest animals, so they wouldn't mix with savannah animals. But gorillas and chimps would both share their habitat, as well as crocs and hippos in the rivers and streams. And of course snakes. Also, okapis are very solitary, so no need for a herd. You won't find two together unless it's mother and baby.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.