Author Topic: 2010 Playmobil Exhibitions around the World  (Read 62843 times)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
Re: 2010 Playmobil Exhibitions around the World
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2010, 04:13:03 »
Dear Playmofriends

I am delighted to inform you that our Friend Alizobil who is a very active and experienced Exhibitor to the major Playmobil events and conventions will update this tread with valuable informations with regards to the planning, venue finding, transportation, diorama setting up, and all the exciting details of a Playmobil exhibition  :love:

Alizobil is currently very busy working on 2010 projects but when the update will occur, please fee free to ask questions with regards to Playmo exhibitions so that Alizobil can enlight us all  :)

Karim :)
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2010, 06:59:54 »
Playmobil Exhibitions / All Questions Answered

Dear Playmofriends   :wave:

I know that just like myself, many of you have questions to ask with regards to Playmo exhibitions / conventions, and I would appreciate if you could post your questions in this thread so that I can "interview" some of our Playmofriends from accross the Channel and update their answers accordingly.

So in this lovely Easter week-end and between yummy bites in your Easter chocolate egg, I encourage you all to actively participate in this thread with exciting questions  ;).

Thank you very much !

Karim :bunny:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2010, 19:14:41 »
I have a question...
I have long wanted to go to a PlaymoConvention,
but I don't kniw where any are, or when they are.
Are there any in the US?

Thanks in advance.
Have a happy easter, and God bless. :bunny: :easter:
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2010, 19:18:01 »
Thanks for the Pics Karim :)9
I just adore that windmill, and also the flying doctor's plane :love:

I have a question...
I have long wanted to go to a PlaymoConvention,
but I don't kniw where any are, or when they are.

Same here ;)

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2010, 04:12:04 »
That windmill is ingenious and so simple! Thank you Karim, you have a way of coming up with so may wonderful videos and photos for us! This promises to be a very interesting thread.  :wave:

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2010, 20:45:40 »
BEGLES 2010 NATIONAL EXHIBITION ( FRANCE )

Saturday & Sunday 15/16 May 2010

The Colourful Avatars of the talented Exhibitors

Secession War viewed from the Southerners Camp ( Albator )

Secession War viewed from the Northerners Camp ( Albator )

Port Scene set in the 18th century ( Platon29 )

Asterix & Obelix ( Menes )

The Flower Power Era

TinTin Diorama ( Erika & Nicolas )

The Jewels Collection ( Lazoutte )

Olympus ( Cedric0436 )

Earth ( Cedric0436 )

Hell ( Cedric0436 )

Western ( Tof )

Lucky Luke & the Daltons ( Captain Playmo )

Starship Troopers ( Maitre Renard )

An little insight in Begles 2010 National Playmobil Exhibition...

Indians, cowboys, knights, dragons... All the Playmobil figures are present. No doubt fans of Playmobil are there. Each year, this national gathering is hold in a different French city, and this time it was Bordeaux who had been chosen. The committee Castagne and Generation playmo jointly organized the events.

In the alleys, they are mostly families who came, both for children and parents. Nina six years old was there with her little brother of 3 years and half Mael and their father Vincent. The father was surprised: "I did not think it was so refined as some exhibitors completely changed the figurines" as he marvelled at the stand on which the castle of Moulinsart straight out of the Tintin comics draws everyone's attention. Nina preferred the "prisons", with its great buildings located between the castle and fortresses.

Staging

Participants did not simply aligned the figures. They have achieved recreating a real scene called a diorama as they say in their jargon. Over here the great crossing of Asterix and Obelix, over there a road accident with fire trucks and police cars. In a corner of the huge room, Christophe and Romain have installed their diorama. Since Saturday, their stand attracts all the attention. Their success is owed to one of the oldest Playmobil figure: the knight. And there are all kinds of knights on a stand of about 2 meters by 4, upon which they represented an attack of a castle which they called "The attack of Izormont".

The two friends met on the discussion forum for Playmobil addicts, through their conversations and exchanges of ideas, they became friends, swapping Playmobil pieces Playmobil and holding family dinners. This idea of their diorama came almost a year ago. To achieve it, they first attempted to assemble the fortress. They then counted the pieces, ordered or even produced those missing. Christophe cut, sanded, painted to achieve the desired effect of a medieval fortress. The custom made piece he is most proud of is the pod on the back of the dragon. Their diorama impressed so much the organizers of the Luxembourg Playmobil Europe largest gathering that they were offered them to come and display the diorama there. A pride moment which is the highlight of their venue.

Take the Plunge !

Figurines of all ages could be found as part of their diorama. The rarest of them all being a barrel. "Such pieces are not being produced anymore and worth now in the region of 15 euros. Some ancient Playmobil  pieces were retrieved in my attic. "My mother took my toys when I became a teenager and gave to my nephews and nieces, and as Playmobil does not age, they look as good as new," says Romain, now in his thirties.

The Playmobil figures and themes have evolved over time: the hands have become mobile, details have surfaced on the arms and the body such as coat of arms changing for ever the look of the fairly uniform initially toys. Children have always loved Playmobil, and those like  of Christophe and Romain surely had some Playmobil attached to the rattle of their stroller"

The Attack of Izormont ( Boitero )

For those who wish to see in detail the entire collection of dioramas exhibited at the Begles 2010 Exhibtion, I recommend a visit to Tricornejock.com :

http://www.tricornejock.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=21

« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 23:55:10 by playmovictorian »

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2010, 21:20:50 »
Fantastic Karim!!! Thank you for the feedback, links and photos!!

Offline baden-wurttemberg

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Baden-Wurttemberg
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2010, 23:45:21 »
WOW!!!  :o  :o  :o   :o  :o  :o  :o  :o Beautiful, just beautiful!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: Thanks for he amazing pics and links Karim!!   :wow:  :wow:  :wow:

Baden  :wave:
Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2010, 16:59:32 »
Thank you my Friends  :)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2010, 00:17:29 »
Guinness World Record Gathering of Playmobil in Barbastro ( Spain )

68800 Playmobil Figures !

An incredible achievement in which many of our Friends from Playclicks ( Spain ) got involved !

26th September to 24th October 2010

Playmobil at Barbastro: official new Guinness record !

Barbastro (Huesca / Spain) has entered the Guinness Book of Records for the world's largest exhibition of Playmobil figures with a total of 68,808 clickies in 17 dioramas, which nearly doubled the 35,000 figure required by the international body for this amazing record.

The exhibition took place over 2,000 square meters in a fairground pavilion.

A walk through history

The exhibition included 17 mega dioramas for a  journey through the history of mankind, from the prehistoric times to the space age.

The themes of the dioramas were:

'The origins of man'
'Ancient Greece'
'Egypt and Rome'
'Medieval Fantasy'
'The Vikings'
'The Crusades'
'The Thirds of Flanders'
'Pirates'
'Waterloo'
'Civil War'
'The conquest of the Wild West'
'The Victorians'
'The World War II'
'The modern city'
"South African World Cup '
'The fantasy worlds of Playmobil'
'Space Exploration'.

And last but not least, here is a 13 minutes video made by my Friend VicRogo from Playclicks ( Spain ) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhJCePgnIsQ

Enjoy  :munch: