Author Topic: NEW PLAYMOBIL EGYPTIAN 2008 - UPDATE !!  (Read 28325 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: NEW PLAYMOBIL EGYPTIAN 2008 - UPDATE !!
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2008, 21:15:17 »
so do all the walls of the piramid remove. so it can be open or all closed up ?  ???
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2008, 21:24:01 »
Utterly wonderful - I'll have to get at least one of every set too, though I would never have thought I'd want to collect Ancient Egyptian Playmobil.

My one annoyance - why does the sarcophagus have an Annubis head? is there any evidence this was ever done? I've seen dozens of mummies and their sarcophagi in the British Museum (there's nothing we Brits won't pinch and show off there) and not one has a face other than human.

I do like the canopic jars - I hope there's a full set of four, I could only see two in the pictures.

This makes me want to study ancient Egypt again, and see who had the eyepaint on - I'd imagine that was reserved for wealthy and noble people,not litter carriers.

I'm also wondering if there might someday be themes on other ancient civilisations... Mayan temples (with human sacrifices mandatory), the wonderful buildings we see in India, Cambodia etc.

Oh, and I like the touch that the 4 soldiers have different patterns of cowhide on their shields, not just one print for everyone. It looks like they only did the four, but that's enough variety.

Offline Hituro

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2008, 21:27:40 »
My one annoyance - why does the sarcophagus have an Annubis head? is there any evidence this was ever done? I've seen dozens of mummies and their sarcophagi in the British Museum (there's nothing we Brits won't pinch and show off there) and not one has a face other than human.

Nope, there are no sarcophagus with Anubis as the head.  There are plenty of models of them on Ebay though...  Makes you wonder.....

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2008, 21:51:37 »
what is the maze with 1-6 all about . it translates to "that away the grabraubers to the ditch chamber" ?
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2008, 22:06:13 »
Thanks for the pics. Customizer!
Wow, what a great series. :o

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2008, 22:29:22 »
... and see who had the eyepaint on - I'd imagine that was reserved for wealthy and noble people,not litter carriers. ...

Actually, everyone did. I remember having heard that there had been a strike with the tombbuilders because their mascara had ran out and it hadn't been arranged for new ones. And I am NOT joking.

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2008, 22:32:21 »
what is the maze with 1-6 all about . it translates to "that away the grabraubers to the ditch chamber" ?

Nearly there. I think it would translate something like: "The tombrobbers way into the tomb"
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline seawarrior

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2008, 22:39:31 »
WOW :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling it brings!

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2008, 02:19:32 »
I've had time to ponder this wonderful series.  Wow!  I really like the ship.
It is simple, but so cool 8-)!  The chariot is a must have for sure.  The neat little
house,(reminds me of my Pueblos of years gone by ;D), has great potential to
expand...the well is awesome.  The accessories for the dromedary, blanket, and
baskets are a great addition.  (Great for my Nativity set up!)  The new figures,
like the bare chested ones can be used to customize a whole group of different folk.
The whole lot is just neat! :wow:

So....How do you get to Germany from here?

Jimbo

Offline Donmobil

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2008, 03:30:40 »
I wonder, too, how popular the theme will be in Europe and America.  Both areas see themselves as having direct links with the Romans, but ancient Egypt?  Maybe Playmobil is looking at other markets though.  I think they may be looking to areas such as North Africa and the Near East for new markets.

I am an American and I can't wait to buy the Romans I want and start collecting the Egyptians.  Does anyone know how the Egyptian boat and the Roman one compares, size wise?

-- Don