Author Topic: Bridal Sets: 9226, 9228, 9229 and 9230  (Read 1089 times)

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
Bridal Sets: 9226, 9228, 9229 and 9230
« on: May 05, 2017, 11:27:57 »
9226 - Bridal Shop with Hairdresser

Assembling this set requires patience - there are a total of 19 stickers to apply and many very small accessories to handle, as well as some force required to fit together the walls, windows and the pink heart decorative tops.

The left hand side of the shop houses the hairdresser and make-up department.  There should be a mirror sticker applied to the wall here (above the shelf with the make-up tools), but I didn't want to include that.

Unfortunately, as both the female klickies are wearing snap-together dresses, neither of them can actually sit in the chair.

One of the klickies has holes in her hair for the addition of decorations.  There are several of each type (hearts, ribbons, flowers), and a small white basket to store the unused ones.  There are three other hairstyles available: the braided one can wear the veil of the displayed wedding dress; and the other two can wear smaller veils. 

I had trouble with those small veils; they come with thin paper backing and, never having seen veils like this before, I didn't realise that the paper needed to be removed.  The instuctions didn't tell me this!  So I fixed them to the hair with the paper still attached, thinking that they looked rather silly.  It was only when I picked up a spare veil, and the paper fell off, that I realised that it should have been removed in the first place!

On the right hand side of the shop is the clothes department.  As well as the bridal dress on display, there are four more outfits, which are difficult to all hang up straight.  I tried various pairs of dresses together, but then gave up - hence the gold dress sticking out at an awkward angle:

The child's dress display (which I had put in the hairdresser department) has a flower in the hole of the mannequin stand.  The bridal dress display, however, has no flower - just an empty hole.

I love the hanging buckets of flowers, though - and they have 'water' in them, too!

From the pictures of this set, I thought that the child's dress was a snap-together plastic dress like the ones for the adult klickies.  But no: it is made of a rubbery material.  And one thing to note about this - it picks up every tiniest piece of dust, every tiniest crumb, every tiniest hair.  I had dusted the table before unpacking this set, but still I got it coated with little bits of debris.  I can't imagine what it would look like after a child has played with it!  Nonetheless, it is a nice dress - just that one needs to be prepared to keep cleaning it!

However .... I wasn't sure how to put it on the klicky.  First I tried over the head:

No, that didn't work.  She needs to step into it.

And that works.

The fabric changing room curtains don't hang quite like the neatly folded ones on the box picture, but they are OK.

Oh ... and those glasses of champagne on the left of the above photo: I made a big mistake with one of those.  I just pushed the 'drink' insert inside the glass without looking at it first.  I didn't realise that I'd got a cat hair caught on it.  And now that cat hair is stuck between the drink and the inside of the glass, and I can't get the insert out again, so it is 'drink with added cat hair' forever, I guess.

9228 - Wedding Party

That will be the party for two people, then?  I guess this doesn't really work as a stand-alone set but, nonetheless, I think it is wonderful - I love the lanterns strung from the tree.

There are some pretty edging stickers to apply to the tables (which I didn't want added on mine):

There are six cupcakes included in this set (twice as many as those included in the Cupcake Café!), plus a blue blender (for mixing drinks, I'm guessing, though the only drink included is a bottle of champagne), and a large wedding cake.

9229 - Wedding Pavilion

This set comes with LOTS of roses!

I wasn't sure what I would think of the new rose bushes - but I like them!

Roses are also all around the pavilion.  The green rose vine is made of a rubbery material, so the roses are a little fiddly to attach - though not really difficult.

9230 - Photographer and Flower Children

I like the fact that the boy also has a basket of flowers to scatter before the bride; Playmobil could have so easily gone the 'traditional' route instead, and made him a Page Boy or Ring-Bearer.  ...Or maybe they were thinking that if you wanted him to be a Ring-Bearer, you'd need to buy the Wedding Pavilion set too, as that has a cushion with (a picture of) rings on it!

If you already have one of those (pink or green) curly bush things, you'll know that they usually come with small leaves that are added to various 'ends' around the bush.  Interestingly, this curly bush does not have them; instead flowers are added to those 'ends'.  It looks rather good that way.

I failed to take a good photo of the photographer.  The following one has a flash mark on his waistcoat, which is a pity, because he is very nice.  His purple tie has little spots on it, and I love the way that his bottom shirt button is showing beneath his too-short waistcoat.  I like his belt too.

The Flower Boy is great also, and the Flower Girl is wearing another one of those rubbery pull-on dresses which picks up every speck of dust - but I like them anyway.  And at least now I know that she needs to step into it to put it on, and not to try to pull it over her head!

Also in this theme is a Wedding Limousine (set 9227), which looks very nice, but I didn't get that one, as I don't actually have any plans for any sort of wedding scenes.  I do intend to make a Bridal Shop using the  5485 Shopping Mall, but apart from that, I will use everything in the above sets for many things, none of which will have anything to do with weddings!
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: Bridal Sets: 9226, 9228, 9229 and 9230
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 16:34:59 »
Great review Raven, thanks!
I like the party set with the lanterns and the cupcakes. That may be the only one from the series that I get.

Offline Tacbe

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 17:21:51 »
Thanks for the detailed review. Its not the theme I like, but I do like the pictures you made along with the explanation. And there are always some nice parts in every set.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 21:42:28 by Tacbe »
Playmobil will not tire, it will not falter and it will not fail

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 18:42:14 »
Great review Raven, thanks!
I like the party set with the lanterns and the cupcakes. That may be the only one from the series that I get.

Ditto!
Plus the limo set (2 so I can paint one black)  ;D
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 19:56:38 »
Thank you for the detailed review and pics, Raven  ;D

Unfortunately, as both the female klickies are wearing snap-together dresses, neither of them can actually sit in the chair.

That's sooooooooooooooo silly.

One of the klickies has holes in her hair for the addition of decorations.  There are several of each type (hearts, ribbons, flowers), and a small white basket to store the unused ones. 

That's nice - I'll need to get some of those :)

I love the hanging buckets of flowers, though - and they have 'water' in them, too!

Those look great! I don't think I had noticed them before!

And one thing to note about this - it picks up every tiniest piece of dust, every tiniest crumb, every tiniest hair.  I had dusted the table before unpacking this set, but still I got it coated with little bits of debris.  I can't imagine what it would look like after a child has played with it!  Nonetheless, it is a nice dress - just that one needs to be prepared to keep cleaning it!

I (finally) opened the small fairy sets last weekend, and found that too. There is another more serious problem with those - I seriously doubt they will last 30 years.

Also, the kids in the dresses look just like the adults - little barrels. :(

Oh ... and those glasses of champagne on the left of the above photo: I made a big mistake with one of those.  I just pushed the 'drink' insert inside the glass without looking at it first.  I didn't realise that I'd got a cat hair caught on it.  And now that cat hair is stuck between the drink and the inside of the glass, and I can't get the insert out again, so it is 'drink with added cat hair' forever, I guess.

:lmao: :lmao:

I love the lanterns strung from the tree.

Yes, they look lovely.

Loads of nice stuff there.

I wasn't sure what I would think of the new rose bushes - but I like them!

They do look nice.. what I can't stand is the pink whatever-they-are over the beautiful "floor".

9230 - Photographer and Flower Children

I like the klickys - though I wil change the boy. The girl will need more extensive work.

I don't like the heart bush. I never got over the playing heart bush trauma  :-[

Plus the limo set (2 so I can paint one black)  ;D

We figured we should wait some. Painting may be beyond - who am I kidding? - It IS beyond my abilities. So we were kinda hoping they'd release a black one...