Author Topic: A couple of surprises in some old medieval house photos  (Read 1021 times)

Offline Kenny

• Playmo Enthusiast
A couple of surprises in some old medieval house photos
« on: September 21, 2011, 05:43:04 »
Tonight I got out some medieval house instructions and was looking at some of the "official" photos Geobra included in the instructions to show how the sets could be combined.

One photo had two surprises.

First, peeking over the wall on the left, is a red half-timbered house.  With a black roof.  This surprised me because I had thought the red house was a relatively recent add-on, not an original 1980's issue house from this theme.

Second, in the middle of the photo is the green tailor's house.  But the bottom floor has a green wall with a flap door from the baker's house.  Did Geobra modify this wall for the photo?  Or was a green wall available in this variation?

-- Kenny

Offline Kenny

• Playmo Enthusiast
Re: A couple of surprises in some old medieval house photos
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 05:48:39 »
Under the photo is a list of set numbers for the items in the photo.  The only set number I can't identify is 3243.  Was this the old number for the red house?

And regarding the green tailor's wall with the baker's door, I would point out that the wall seems to have the holes for mounting the signs on either side of the hinged door, as well as the holes for the door chains.

-- Kenny

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 06:59:41 »
Good observation Kenny!!! The red house was a prototype but never got into production, until the recent years through DS. As playmofire has pointed out at an old thread, the manufactoring for the red colour was not appropriate at the time. The green framewood wall with the baker window is new to me  :o Playmobil works in mysterious ways  :lol: Thanks you for this info!!

Offline kenc

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 07:03:39 »
The red house was only a prototype back then and thus didn't carry a 4 digit number. As to the green bakery wall, I used to wonder too but I'm afraid Geobra produced this part for the same reason as the red framework house: creating some more color variation for their diorama's, that is.

Nevertheless a great oldstyle diorama 8-)  8-)  8-)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 11:28:10 »
That red house was hoped-for, legendary prototype item for many years before it was finally released as an add-on. I believe it's even talked about in the collector.

Well spotted about the green  wall!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.