Author Topic: I think there is something wrong with my profile posts....  (Read 3027 times)

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
Re: I think there is something wrong with my profile posts....
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 17:35:13 »
really, I did not know. As if the SAE and Metric was not bad enough. The worst is when you are working on a piece of equipment and they used both sets  :hmm:

so a "," is a "." in Europe ? In the US you would write $13,245.56  Thirteen thousand two hundred forty five dollars and fifty six cents. In Europe you write $13.245,56 ?

Not at all. We would write 13245, 56€ (with € at the end!) for thirty thousand two hundred forty five point fifty six AND 13, 24556€ if it's thirteen point 24556!  ;)
Life in the so called space age...

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2012, 17:43:47 »
So nothing divides the thousand from the hundred? I would think that would make it difficult to read a really long number.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2012, 18:31:12 »
In the US the numbers are broken down into groups. Hundreds, thousand, millions, billions, etc..... all by ","'s and full dollars are ended with a "." then you write the change   

$12,345,678.90

we have the "$" sign in the front but it is said at the end  8} then the change

twelve million, three hundred forty five thousand, six hundred seventy eight dollars & ninty cents
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2012, 18:42:52 »
When the number is big, we tend to separate the figures three by three, with just a blank space between: 2 330 451, 50 would be read two million three hundred thirty thousand four hundred fifty one "virgule" (that's "," in French) fifty. We manage easily, though you're the ones who stepped on the moon, of course!  :lol:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2012, 18:59:16 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: Hey, there's no right or wrong way to do this, just different. ;)
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2012, 19:24:06 »
 :)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2012, 19:36:01 »
When the number is big, we tend to separate the figures three by three, with just a blank space between: 2 330 451, 50 would be read two million three hundred thirty thousand four hundred fifty one

Aye, but not everywhere in Europe uses the periods, commas, and spaces that way! But that definitely seems to be the source of this confusion. :lol:
~Pynedor~