Author Topic: 2° annual PLAYMOBIL Collectors meeting in Buenos Aires.  (Read 3797 times)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
2° annual PLAYMOBIL Collectors meeting in Buenos Aires.
« on: August 13, 2014, 20:24:39 »
Hi everyone!
The event will take place on September the 27th, I wish you guys could drop by, but I know it's a little far away.
Anyway ... we are planning a big western diorama, combining our collections and the talent of a few collectors who are truly artists, so we hope and aim for something good   :)

Now, I need some advice.
The diorama is big, at least this is what's planned, around 5 or 6 meters long by 1.5 meters wide, possibly divided in two sectors, city on one side and fort, Indians and goldmine in another. And it must be put together and taken away in one day.  8}
Anyway, we need advice on how you think it's best to do it.
Our first idea is to have all planned with a lot of anticipation so we only have to put things in place when we are there, but other than that and not having made something like this before, we are lost. How long could it take a diorama as big as that and very detailed.?

Other suggestions, organizations ideas?

Another thing: one of the customs we are planning is a Jesuit Mission. I remember from somewhere a fantastic Mission custom but can't find it anywhere.
Has anybody has in mind a custom Mission form somewhere?

All will be welcomed!
Thanks!!  ;D
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
Re: 2° annual PLAYMOBIL Collectors meeting in Buenos Aires.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 10:13:32 »
Maybe for ease of use the sections could be divided by each one that attends?

Like one taking care of the gold mine, another the fort, another the indian camp, and the town could be a bit divided too.. If one of you has a great setup for a huge salloon, there would not need to be ten other salloons after all.

Can of course always help each other out a bit.. I mean anyone could bring a little regiment of soldiers with them, maybe with different scarfs or such to easily tell them apart when placed at the fort. Or some additional tipi's for the indian camp..

Maybe there could be a rock formation with a hidden bandit camp too?

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 11:24:23 »
 :)9 thanks Rhalius!

That is taken care of already.  :) We have divided the sectors and planned who brings what so we don't end up with 10 windmills and so on  ;D
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 14:23:13 »
i would put all the details and klickies in the built buildings before hand. Use fun tack or hot glue. It will save you time to just drop the building and go on to other areas. It takes a lot of time setting up the details and part of a great diorama is all the details. Did I mention the details  ;) Now I suggest this as I usually only have a few people to help build dioramas

sounds like a fun day to me  ;D
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 15:45:09 »
That's good thinking Ras thanx!

I haven't thought of that.
I'll have to see how I can do it though, we don't get that "fun tack" here but surely there must be something similar, and the hot glue is a mess. I'll come up with somehting.
Thank you!!

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 17:31:54 »
. . . we don't get that "fun tack" here but surely there must be something similar . . .

The stuff Rasputin is talking about comes in many forms - if you have an office supply store there (I think you have Staples stores there?) they should have something like this stuff which is available at Staples in the USA:  2 kinds of mounting putty  
Scotch Brand also has a version:  Scotch Mounting Putty    :)
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2014, 17:41:57 »
My train display was 16 feet by 8 feet and took about 2 days and maybe a half to set up.  Try and have as much prebuilt as possible (as others have suggested) and work from the middle outwards to the edges as that way you don't knock things over as you can when working from the edge to the middle.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2014, 00:45:07 »
The stuff Rasputin is talking about comes in many forms - if you have an office supply store there (I think you have Staples stores there?) they should have something like this stuff which is available at Staples in the USA:  2 kinds of mounting putty  
Scotch Brand also has a version:  Scotch Mounting Putty    :)

Thanks! We do have Staples, so I'll check if there's something of the kind.
I never saw anything like it until I got in this forum 5 years ago  :lol:
Apparently we just use tape  :lol:

My train display was 16 feet by 8 feet and took about 2 days and maybe a half to set up.  Try and have as much prebuilt as possible (as others have suggested) and work from the middle outwards to the edges as that way you don't knock things over as you can when working from the edge to the middle.

Wow, that's scary. Was it just you putting it together? I haven't seen the Kirkbean photos yet...
We are 7 big guys so we'll be bumping into each other hahaha. I guess we'll have to take turns to be at the tables...
great tip about starting in the middle. :)

Thanks for all the advices, it's all usefull guys!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2014, 05:12:42 »

Wow, that's scary. Was it just you putting it together? I haven't seen the Kirkbean photos yet...

great tip about starting in the middle. :)

Thanks for all the advices, it's all usefull guys!
Diane helped by doing some painting while I set out the track.  The boards I was using were already painted green as most of the "land" area was to be grass, but there was some grey for roads and brown for forest paths which needed painting.  We used acrylic paint which dries quickly.

Staring from the middle was learned by experience! 
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2014, 05:46:04 »
Dearest Gaston  :wave:

I am so excited for you with this new project of an exhibition  :love:

You know that I will be attend my very first Playmo exhibition next Saturday in Luxembourg and I am so looking forward to discovering these wonderful dioramas I have so often documented in the past and above all finally get to meet Friends in person !

I wish you the best of luck with your Western diorama !

Karim :)
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.