Author Topic: Why Geobra …why the colors  (Read 1443 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: Why Geobra …why the colors
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2024, 23:05:09 »
The mentally deranged side of my brain is going to buy it to see if anything can be done to make it a bit more usable .

It would have fit in so nicely with the western but perhaps it’s destined for the circus
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2024, 13:19:42 »
As for the cart, #canihaveitinbrown
I'd even accept a darker purple, but that particular shade reminds me of children's tylenol.

It's not purple. It's SHINY METALLIC purple.

The mentally deranged side of my brain is going to buy it to see if anything can be done to make it a bit more usable .

It would have fit in so nicely with the western but perhaps it’s destined for the circus

People have painted it (saw a beautiful version on kw) - the sculpt is gorgeous,  and trading the oversized chicken (that I love, btw) for horses is trivial, I guess.

However, not everyone is .... gifted that way. And so, instead of selling them by the loads to .. a bunch of different themes.. they sell one for color blind magic themes.

I think it fits with all "old" themes.... if it didn't have that idiotic color. This even looks bad in circus or as a gypsy wagon, imo, where bright and less.. usual.. colors would probably work well.

I would have made it a nicer color (if deemed necessary - NOT! - include color blind STICKERS?)... and with horses. And move the gorgeous overgrown chicken  :love: to a different set  (like the previous oversized chicken).

The stupid colors (and in that case useless gyzmos) also applies to the novelmore wagon, btw.

Online Alex4420

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2024, 13:55:09 »
I'm a fan of the Merchant Wagon and don't mind the purple as it is consistent with the jewel tones of the other Novelmore wizards. The metallic silver top and "wooden" stickers which adorn the wagon also mute the purple, to some extent.

It's funny but as garish as the colors are on Waterfall Ranch, what I really don't like is how the windows in the front have windows (with panes and sashes) while the ones on the side have nothing! Yet the same designer stuck idiotic solar panels on the roof! It is as it was designed by a committee which has no concept of the original PM mission of bringing the real world to children.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2024, 16:01:55 »

People have painted it (saw a beautiful version on kw)

Any chance you can show for ideas , I haven’t been over to KW in many years
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2024, 16:09:14 »
Agreed. It's a disaster. Not just the colours, but also the miss-match of window types and then the solar panels that clash with the overall look of the house.

I think the lilac window panes in the tower could be replaced with the ones from Lucky's house (from the Spirit series).
The main windows seem to be the same sash windows as the ones from the western farmhouse - at first glance.
I assume the door frames will also be standard size.
I think I've seen similar balconies before on other System WHY?! mansions, so I'm guessing that could be replaced too.

But what on earth can you do about the bright blue roof and yellow walls, and all the small, differently shaped windows?

Such a waste  :(

I have an 8-y-o daughter and while she's obsessed with unicorns and princesses in pink, I still don't see how she'd prefer this buiding to a more realistic one. This is just... all over the place!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 09:24:27 by Birdie »

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2024, 07:46:23 »
Any chance you can show for ideas , I haven’t been over to KW in many years

Not my work - I think you need to be registered to load pics :  https://klickywelt.de/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=78978

I think I've seen similar balconies before on other System WHY mansions, so I'm guessing that could be replaced to.

Don't take that for granted. Nothing matches these days. It's like they do it on purpose. Or are they THAT ignorant? The fort in asterix is a perfect example.

I have an 8-y-o daughter and while she's obsessed with unicorns and princesses in pink, I still don't see how she'd prefer this buiding to a more realistic one. This is just... all over the place!

My point. Would kids be SO put off for not ridiculous colors? Or at least not SO ridiculous...

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2024, 09:17:56 »
Don't take that for granted. Nothing matches these days. It's like they do it on purpose. Or are they THAT ignorant? The fort in asterix is a perfect example.

Yeah I know, it's a long shot  :(  I can't be sure, but the balcony at least seems to be the one same one as the 9420 mediterranean style holiday home - it's cast iron black/grey in that set.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2024, 09:19:21 »

A blue roof, who has a blue roof ?

https://images.app.goo.gl/9Fn1raj9X9zhcVbV9

I guess whether the colour of something looks odd depends on your own cultural perspective?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2024, 11:06:12 »
I agree - blue roofs aren't particularly common in the Europe but I have definitely seen (dark) blue roof tiles.

Funnily enough it's not the colours of this one that I dislike particularly - it's certainly not the most garish thing they've put out - but the building itself is a little off for me.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2024, 12:27:17 »
https://images.app.goo.gl/9Fn1raj9X9zhcVbV9

I guess whether the colour of something looks odd depends on your own cultural perspective?

Guiyang China , ah so it was an expat or passport bro who brought this “water” theme to Geobra then ? Yep Chinese now playmobil’s motivation and influence, this will turn out well

Playmobil’s new Castle design