Author Topic: 2 Normans  (Read 2520 times)

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
Re: 2 Normans
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2012, 13:23:07 »
Same here.All my Templars are of this combination, and quite a few of my "secular" medieval armies/warbands too.If you want to make them look even more "Norman", you might consider giving them "kite" shields.
The Norman, chain-mailed knight has always been my TOP favorite, I don't care much for the latter armour-plated look.  :)

thanks WK & Erik!
the only Norman soldiers I used to see were those in the Robin Hood tv series....ok, I shall use the kite shields and now that I remember those Robin Hood series, I recall them carrying very large swords...so maybe using the older PM sword might not look too long, come to think of it ;)

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2012, 20:20:25 »
They look great, nice combination of parts! :)
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 13:39:44 »
Excellent looking Normans Cheng! :wave:
The Norman period is very close to my favorite period in the Middle Ages, so the arms and armor are not substantially different. I try to keep my knights from a slightly earlier period than the produced sets now-a-days, but some of my figures will have plate.

The problem with making a completely Norman army is that too many sets come with plate armor now. It would be pretty hard to find good figures for Normans without there being some plate. The earlier Playmobil Knight sets were pretty good, in that you could probably make very nice Norman figures quite easily.
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2012, 00:23:23 »
thanks PlaymoMan &

WOT, I assume youre talking about printed on breast plates (havent been following the development of new knights for the last few years except buy an occassional knight :P)....well, there might be collectors with tons of old torsos happy to swop new knight torsos with you ;)

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2012, 03:44:59 »
That's a good idea! Thanks Cheng. :wave:
Steck is BACK! <:>