Author Topic: Painting PM houses (split from Review of Grande Mansion 5302)  (Read 10538 times)

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
great revew !! very detailed  :)

as i see it now though i don't like the colours that much especially the windows ... yellow window?  ??? no a little silly  :hmm:

no?  :hmm: ;D 

I also have a problem with yellow windows, which won't be yellow for long! First spray on a couple of coats of white primer and then spray on any color your heart desires! Woohoo!  :love: :love: :love:

Same with the roof and whatever else needs a color makeover. Just make sure you let the paint cure for 5 days before using the pieces, and DO NO DO THIS INDOORS!

So glad someone invented spraypaint, Pgal :wave:
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: Painting PM houses (split from Review of Grande Mansion 5302)
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 14:58:03 »
Yeah, I was thinking I may paint the whole thing. It's a lot of work, I'll have to think about it.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline playmogal

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 15:52:21 »
bb: It will add at least week to building the set and is much easier if you just spray certain parts. It definitely changed the look of my suburban and modern houses. Now that the swimming pool has finally arrived, it is time to take some photos of those two. An early photo of the new green windows and doors is below.

It has taken a while to locate and spray paint the vehicles that go with those houses. They should be ready in a few days when the last economy car and two scooters arrive. I wish they made the economy car in 10 pastel colors, like light orange, purple, pink, blue, yellow, tan, teal, salmon, and maybe a white one. Colors that match the plastic spray paints would be wonderful. This car is small and modern and perfect for newer houses as shown below.

Cheers, Pgal :wave:
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline naflibomyalp

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 16:47:09 »
Playmogal,
I really like the colour of the roof on your house.  I definitely more realistic.   :yup:
naflibomyalp
[img]

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 17:16:10 »
I like this paint job very much playmogal!! Excellent choise of colours!!!

Offline playmogal

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 19:30:40 »
Nafi and Wolf,
Thanks! The green works well on a lot of house pieces. Glad you like it.

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 02:38:15 »
I also have a problem with yellow windows, which won't be yellow for long! First spray on a couple of coats of white primer and then spray on any color your heart desires! Woohoo!  :love: :love: :love:

Same with the roof and whatever else needs a color makeover. Just make sure you let the paint cure for 5 days before using the pieces, and DO NO DO THIS INDOORS!

So glad someone invented spraypaint, Pgal :wave:

yeah ... that's a cheap solution though if you're not good with painting i've painted many frames ....etc (not playmobil) and they were horrible i don't know if it could work  :-\ also it's better having the originall color if you want to paint the whole thing because it won't look so good
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline playmogal

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2011, 03:48:35 »
Yup, painting PM is indeed perilous, and I have never painted a wall and don't know how they will turn out. Has anyone tried it with System X walls?

Hubby says the secret is to spray the paint lightly each coat so it does not make clumps. His touch is much better than mine so far. Fortunately I am not a perfectionist, so a few small uneven spots don't bother me. Plus my vision is not that great in low light, which is required for all PM due to fading.

Also be sure to get the spray paint and primer made for bonding with plastic. That is important. And shake the cans for about a minute each time you use them.

My 5302 just arrived, so will have to explore paint color options this week. Should be exciting!

I just pulled the Klickies out of all of the accessory boxes and am thrilled with them! Especially the bikini lady in the bathroom! She will look lovely by my swimming pool in the backyard!

Offline playmogal

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2011, 03:54:32 »
Maybe you could find some time to do a review on them when you get them  ;) With all the other buttons this house has they seem to fit right in.

Also could you please check on your package where the electronics are made? Geobra did not even have the ability to make the mini magnet sets so I am curious where these are made.

playmobil sure is going the electronic route more and more.

Ras: My 5302  and accessories just arrived! The lighting kit for 5302 is made in Germany it says on the package. Looks like it will work on the 2nd and top floor but not the first because it requires a supporting/dividing wall in the middle of the house to hold the battery case. Will get photos of the parts in a day or two as we just returned home from a business trip. 

TTFN, Pgal  :wave:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2011, 11:25:24 »
Hubby says the secret is to spray the paint lightly each coat so it does not make clumps. His touch is much better than mine so far. Fortunately I am not a perfectionist, so a few small uneven spots don't bother me. Plus my vision is not that great in low light, which is required for all PM due to fading.

Also be sure to get the spray paint and primer made for bonding with plastic. That is important. And shake the cans for about a minute each time you use them.

Yes, very thin coats are the key, just like any other paint. If you start worrying about trying to get good coverage, you end up with bubbles and clumps. I've spray painted so much metal lawn furniture, I have the touch down. I've been trying to teach Chris how to do it, he always gets in a hurry and sprays on way too much in the first coat.

Krylon fusion works really well. It bonds to the plastic beautifully.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.