Author Topic: Sceneries for photoshootings.  (Read 5086 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: Sceneries for photoshootings.
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2010, 16:22:41 »
I just love the way you did the picture with the books. Very helpful advice. I'm really not all that skilled at photographing klickys. I need to work on setting up better backgrounds so the pictures look realistic. Up til now I haven't given any attention to backgrounds, just the playmobil itself.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2010, 17:05:55 »
thanx guys! the book method outcome surprised myself when I came up with the idea a year ago. I should do some more pics. your comments encourage me to do so!
Thanx!  :love:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2010, 20:59:53 »
Love these Gaston, especially the one with the book.  :clap:
Many thanks for showing us how this is done.

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2010, 21:46:35 »
Thank you for all the valuable tips, Gaston!  While I don't think I'll personally invest quite so much effort into my photo stories, I'm sure the result of all your pains will be gorgeous.  It already looks magnificent! :)
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2010, 23:10:26 »
thank you Elaine and Justin. I hope all the effort pays off. As you see the simplest idea (books) so far gave me better results. BUt I want to go bigger so I need this diorama! I hope I can continue working on it soon!
 :wave:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2010, 00:39:52 »
Guys these are other examples with the same book and technique. The basic thing here is light. The perspective behind the queen is awesome. Unfortunately it is out of focus.  :'(

I don't know if you can see it but notice  the beam of light on the monk coming from behind the altar! that was pure luck and I loved it!!  :lol:

Gaston
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 11:03:35 by tonguello »

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2010, 02:55:51 »
Oh, wow! Those are really great! The lighting is just perfect; it matches the lighting in the backgrounds so well. Good work!

That happens to be my favorite princess. She's wearing purple and gold, the colors of my favorite football team. Geaux tigers!!!  ;D
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline kaethe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2010, 10:12:54 »
this was an excellent discussion on dioramas, and your two book technique for the flooring as well as the background is great.  the depth of field created by the blurry background vs the klickies adds to the photo.  just before you press the shutter, most of the cameras show you where the  object of focus is, so that is great. 

i like your mansion grass, with the random edge at the river.   
thank you
kaeth

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2010, 11:03:17 »
Your photos using books are really excellent, Gaston.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline bootgypsy

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2012, 22:43:02 »
these are great. thanks for sharing. I look forward to more tips and tricks. I don't know what to use for backgrounds or landscaping, etc.

Cyndi ~ Alabama, USA