Author Topic: Solving the mistery about shooting "Victorian Summetime Vacations"  (Read 2197 times)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
I think first I should refresh your memory with this thread.
Remember all was based on my ACTUAL vacations.  ;)

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=10659.0

More coming very soon.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 01:38:16 by tonguello »
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
OK here it goes.
A summary:
1) I went for vacations with my family in February for a week to the beach. We have a property there called Villa Alina.  ;)
2) I took some victorian customs to shoot a short funny photostory, actually it was going to be just the act 4.  ;D
3) It rainned for 4 days in a row. I couldn't take even one pic  >:(
4) The wind blew very strongly the whole 5th day. I could take only 3 pics with the clickies standing up.  >:(
5) On the sixth day sun went out so we went to the beach and layed under the sun till noon. I took some pics of the deserted beach (well almost deserted) It became cloudy then, the idea about the documentary came to me, so I took the pics for the "documentary" right then and there. No preparation whatsoever.
6) By 5pm it was starting to rain again, so I grabbed my sister and a couple of plastic bags, went to the beach and filled them up with sand (the bags ... not my sister) to take back to Buenos Aires with me  :lol:
7) A few days later I went to my parents house and shoot the "beach" scenes at the garden  :love:

Here is how I did it.

a) I chose the best photograph to use as backdrop. Unfortunatelly the best one needed some fixing but I didn't have time to do it before.
b) I had it printed 3 feet long by 2 feet tall in photographic quality.
c) Took eveything to my parents' house and...

d) Then I placed all the sand on a tray and covered the tray itself in sand.
e) placed the clickies and shot.  :love:

f) Then cut the pic, photoshopped the walking lady out and covered the wall and grass with sand, sea and sky. I only use ONE command called CLONE. Super simple.

g) Then I actually wrote the story.  :love:
h) The rest of the act were shot at the back yard in my appartment. Same method.

Hope it helps. Try it, it looks difficult but it is not. ;)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 02:19:06 by tonguello »
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Amazing, Gaston! :D I never would have guessed the pics were photoshopped. And the waves look different in every picture. You did a really good job, it looks so real! Thanks for the behind-the-scenes pics. :love:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Thank you bb.  :)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Well done, mate. ;)
~Pynedor~

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Thank you Pyn.  :)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Pure genius Gaston! :clap: I thought the pictures with the Klicky's in the beach scene were all done at the actual beach, well done! :wow:
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Once explained it loos so simple!!!  :lol: Brilliant idea, Gaston!!!

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Thank you guys! ;D
But no genious at all, just acostumed to do what I can with what I get.  8}
Maybe it has to do with my profession too, you know? anyway...

Thanks  ;D

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
Gaston,
One would think everything happened on the beach!  You sure fooled me, what a wonderful production.  Loved the new fangled swim suits on the ladies and the guys.   :love: 
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway