Author Topic: Medieval Plow  (Read 1810 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Medieval Plow
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2018, 07:26:17 »
Thanks for clarifying that.   :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2018, 18:37:08 »
Metal being historically correct or not, it looks great  8-)

Klickterix and Playmofire, thanks for the info on Medieval & Renaissance (1600s) ploughs. Agricultural history is an area I´m not very familiar with.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline kenc

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2018, 11:36:28 »
Nice to learn the blade was made of wood! 8-) I did not know that! I took inspiration from a Belgian comic drawing, so the drawing must have been not correct too  ;D

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2018, 20:48:21 »
I took inspiration from a Belgian comic drawing, so the drawing must have been not correct too  ;D

Vandersteen´s "Suske & Wiske" never is.  ;) With the exception of the blue series, which he made for the Tintin magazine.
You´ll find a lot of accuracy though in the works of Hergé ("Tintin"), Bob De Moor ("Cori, the shipmate"), Edgar Jacobs ("Blake & Mortimer"), and Jacques Martin ("Alex").

Though JM is French while the others are Belgians, he belongs as well to the "École de Bruxelles des Bandes Dessinées".

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!