Author Topic: zoo fencing  (Read 4534 times)

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
Re: zoo fencing
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2010, 15:53:38 »
  :wave: Another great job of painting, Bonniebeth.  My hat is off to you!  :hatoff:
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2010, 16:37:30 »
That's excellent paint work; look forward to seeing the finished zoo.   :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2010, 22:38:42 »
Thank you everybody!!! I can't wait to see the finished zoo, either!  :lol: I'm going to be hard pressed to find room for it. I want a playmoden!  :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2010, 04:57:06 »
I wanted to post a rough sketch of my plans for the raptor exhibits, just so you'll know what I'm talking about. It will look something like this:

and be made using about 5 of these:

Sorry, I'm not very good at sketching, but hopefully you can see what I mean!  :lol: The horizontal surface between the two roof peaks, and the horizontal surface that forms the top of the tunnel are my problems. They need to be some kind of "caging." I've been thinking of weaving plastic string (the kind you use for making those keychains) back and forth for it, but I'm open to suggestions.
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2010, 08:24:58 »
I have no familiarity with these parts Bonnie, but don't the white parts have any slots to put plastic fenses on?

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2010, 16:30:53 »
Umm... yes. Why?  ???

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2010, 16:40:53 »
Well, instead of strings, can you not place these yellow fencings on the white parts?

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2010, 16:49:11 »
Well, the pieces I am talking about are the middle "roof" section and the "floor" that goes under it. The white pieces only run vertically. But actually, you have given me an idea. If there is a cube somewhere with system x holes on all sides... well, I can't explain it. I'll just have to see if I can work on it. Thanks for the inspiration!  ;)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2010, 17:15:23 »
Yes that was my initial idea, use the supports horizontaly to fit the caging...I was about to suggest a square systex x part with a whole in the middle, but from what I see from the pics, its small for the width of the caging... this part however 30 05 4490 - Column, single-width, 3 levels of sockets on 2 sides might have a good width...

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2010, 21:09:33 »
We're thinking along the same lines! I've been experimenting with it. Hopefully I'll have time to work on it some more later on. I'll try to take some pictures to illustrate the probllems I'm running in to.