Author Topic: Kirkbean 2014 - train layout The Town and Country Railway  (Read 5860 times)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
Re: Kirkbean 2014 - train layout The Town and Country Railway
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2014, 07:41:39 »
I like it, something new to look at every day  ;D

That hangar at the end of the train tracks: great idea!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2014, 08:03:21 »
I like it, something new to look at every day  ;D

That hangar at the end of the train tracks: great idea!

I hope to post more today.

The hangar/engine shed is based on the 6231 vehicle shed.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2014, 21:07:22 »
Well, time to have a look at the country for a time.

First, things are not going well at the stables where a fire has broken out, although the fire brigade are quickly on the scene:

The turntable ladder has been quickly brought into use, together with a hose jet on the ground.  A fireman is unloading another length of hose so that a second hose jet can be set up at ground level:

Your daring photographer gets in close to show the fireman on the turntable ladder at work:

Round the other side of the stables, firefighters are rescuing the horses inside the stables:

Another aerial view, with the stable owner saving his tractor and two horses already rescued on the left being led away by a stablehand:

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2014, 21:46:22 »
Fantastic diorama and great photos! The fire looks very realistic, what did you use? :)
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2014, 00:19:39 »
Fantastic diorama and great photos! The fire looks very realistic, what did you use? :)
Thank you.  I used a "fire lamp" like this:

http://www.robertopiecollection.com/Application/images/lighting/flame-lamp-md.jpg

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2014, 00:32:56 »
A day out in the country is no problem for the townsfolk as there is a regular train service to the local station for the country park:

In the country park, there is gentle enjoyment for cyclists:

for rock climbers:

for those who just want to sit and enjoy an ice cream:

and wild animal spotters:

But it's not much fun when your boat blows over in the middle of the pond!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2014, 00:51:03 »
The little boy with the boat isn't the only one not having much fun!  There's a problem here:

This couple haven't got off to a good start in their married life.  HE wanted to set off for the honeymoon in an old car!

And now SHE'S asking, "Now then Mr. 'Must have an old car',  how do I fit in this in my wedding dress?"

Here there's a different problem. 

Someone wasn't watching their speed!

"Was I really going that fast, Officer?"

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2014, 01:07:37 »
Back to more fun things now.

The country park is famed for its rock climbing:

Though you've got to have a good head for heights!

But this family want to keep their feet on the ground and just add a nice photo to the family album:

And for those who concerned about getting lost, the National Search and Rescue Dog Association have a team out today advertising the work of search and rescue dogs.  (You can find more about them here: http://www.nsarda.co.uk/)

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2014, 01:46:05 »
Another top-notch batch of photos!  :clap:

Thank you.  I used a "fire lamp" like this:

http://www.robertopiecollection.com/Application/images/lighting/flame-lamp-md.jpg

They do look very lifelike!  :)
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2014, 07:22:29 »
I love all the details, especially the broken-down wedding car, and the blown over toy yacht!
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn