Author Topic: Playmobil will make the sets dedicated to Scooby-Doo films  (Read 6077 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: Playmobil will make the sets dedicated to Scooby-Doo films
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2019, 14:51:53 »
Please no Scrappy Do. The cartoon was semi interesting in the early years then they introduced those two new dogs , lame....

Similar to the Flinstones , funny toons until bam-bam and company
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2019, 09:41:03 »
They did do a few Medieval torture prototypes back in the ´90s ...

Indeed ! I remember seeing pics of them somewhere many years ago . Rather strange of playmobil back then if you ask me   8}

:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2019, 04:57:10 »
Indeed ! I remember seeing pics of them somewhere many years ago . Rather strange of playmobil back then if you ask me   8}

Executioner special, knife throwing act with spinning wheel (imagine that one these days!), skeleton chained to dungeon and now the Frankenstein playset.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2019, 18:18:40 »
Seems to be a pic of the cage in this thread! https://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=8105.0
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Macruran

• Playmo Master
  • Hiya!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2019, 18:51:42 »
That guy on the rack is GREAT!  :lol:
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Macruran

• Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2019, 18:58:17 »
I'm not sure he feels that way about it!  ;D

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2019, 23:29:04 »
 ;D

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2020, 11:32:59 »
I have  a spinning knife wheel from a very old circus sets from the early 80s....  it will make a fine addition in my medieval set up next to the hanging cages  :lol:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2020, 21:51:57 »
Back to topic now.

Today 70288 SCOOBY-DOO! Mystery Figures Series 1 was released in Germany. I know this is old news for the US Playmofriends, but here in Europe we were utterly excited – I was, at any rate. I looked forward to this day. :rock:

I was lucky and could pluck the entire range of 12 figures from an unblemished retail box, and am very happy with my new toys. The whole idea of scary figures that can be unmasked and pacified is quite appealing to young players, and the new parts are great for customizers. Still, let me start with a complaint.

It is about the "Ghost Diver", with the attractive head of the type first seen in the world of SUPER 4, seen on Dr. X, Sir Ulf and Grimmagus. I was looking forward to see it with a Figures-compatible neck, and was appalled that Geobra hadn't produced one: They just used the known SUPER 4 head, whilst supplying a grey Figures inlet! :omg:

I know that one can use regular heads with grey inlets, but it isn't easy to pull the head off again, especially with the lower part of the diving helmet in the way. And the head doesn't turn well, things are just too tight. But what bugs me most is that Geobra has been cutting corners, again: Clearly, it was considered too expensive to produce a new mould for this head with a new neck. I wish they wouldn't do that. :hmm:

Other than that I'm quite happy with the lot. Some great characters!

Best wishes
StJohn