Author Topic: My Romans/ Egyptians Collection  (Read 16352 times)

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
My Romans/ Egyptians Collection
« on: June 22, 2010, 07:13:20 »
Well at the greek forum meeting i bought another 20 romans , these are to add to my existing roman army

Will buy another 100 or so romans and very soon will make a significant  buy i reckon of egyptians. Will also buy some more green roman tents and build a roman fort with wooden walls from old western forts ( might need a couple more actually), watch this thread as there will be a lot of addition very soon , before setting my mediaval collection will set these first !!!! Shame i couldnt find a pic of my 4 roman ships. I an planning hoping  buy 3 pyramids , 2 sphinxs, 4 gates, 8 houses, 20 horsemen, 6 chariots and 200 egyptian soldiers ( thats the plan anyway) .
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
Re: My Romans/ Egyptians Collection
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 08:55:45 »
Very impressive set up Giorginetto. How many legionairres are you able to field at this point?

Thank you very sharing and I am eyeballing this thread like a hawk!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 10:20:17 »
That's a great set up already and what you plan will look fantastic. 

Are you planning to buy a larger house, too, so you can have everything on display at once - Playmobil through the ages starting with Egyptians, then Romans, then Mediaeval etc?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 12:05:14 »
That's a great set up already and what you plan will look fantastic. 

Are you planning to buy a larger house, too, so you can have everything on display at once - Playmobil through the ages starting with Egyptians, then Romans, then Mediaeval etc?

At the moment i can set one at a time in the storage room i have currently in boxes all my playmobil , which is approx 40m2. Sometime in the very near future i will utilise an underground garage i have , converting it into  a playmo haven  and also have a sofa, playstation etc there, that area is over 100m2 so my long term plan is to have everything on shelves as Wolk Knight and/ or on tables on permanent display, as you said ear era on its own. romans/egyptians, mediaval, pirates and redcoats, western and the very few old modern city i have plus my dungeons and dragons collection .  That wont happen right now its for the future though !!!!
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 12:07:23 »
Very impressive set up Giorginetto. How many legionairres are you able to field at this point?

Thanks that give me courage to continue all this effort and buying ... i am not sure must round 360 or so ??

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 12:10:15 »
Magnificent!!! The sheer numbers of this army is so overwhelming!!! congratulations George!!! Looking forward to your finished plan!!!

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 12:46:53 »
Just wondering, did the thought making public dioramas cross your mind. Did it cross your mind when thinking about your talks with the PM Hellas GM?

For me personally the defining moment was seeing the dioramas at Playmobil planet! That was when I realized I was not alone with this hobby (of course I have the luck to do it together with my wife but that is different, you know what I mean). It would be great if they would give diorama space to people for a couple of months isn't that like a win win situation?

Or maybe a convention, I don't know the possibilities seem endless.

I am sure you can set up a display that will dazzle the visitors :-)

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 12:51:44 »
..  dunno if i have the time to do all this !!! Playmobil is a lovely hobby of mine which costs me lots (  :lol: :lol: :lol:) but so is travelling , sighseeing , cars ( Wolf Knight had a ride in my other crazy passion ) and a million other things, i would love to do this but not sure if i can find the time unfortunatelly. I am planning to take 3-4 days off work in august to set my romans and arrange all my mediaval etc etc  ( i might divert to my original plan to set all the mediaval up) there is never enough steck but also no time ... a great dream though

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 13:22:27 »
Wow, great to see all your Romans lined up! I need to get on with digging mine out properly and seeing what I have. Wouldn't it be great of Playmobil did a few klegionaries with a differet base color? Then we could have a Blue legion, green legion etc.

I notice you have your men lined up in 100s, but actually all cohorts after the 1st actually contained 80 legionaries (the 1st containing 160). If you split out the extra men and add them to your third secion you'd have 3 full centuries.

Like you, even now I barely have room to display my Roman army indoors, so I kept my centuires as representative rather than realistic, with 20 men per century plus three officers.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 13:46:51 »
Wow, great to see all your Romans lined up!  Wouldn't it be great of Playmobil did a few klegionaries with a differet base color? Then we could have a Blue legion, green legion etc.

actually all cohorts after the 1st actually contained 80 legionaries

Thanks !!!, there is special coming out in sep with a green shield , will need to buy a 'few' of these to make a proper war diorama !!!!

yeap, in my next set up hopefully i will have 4 cohorts of 80 = 320 . how many is the first one ? do i need to have a reinforced first one and of how many soldiers if so ???  :wave: