Author Topic: The Playmobil Movie Main Characters  (Read 6887 times)

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
Re: The Playmobil Movie Main Characters
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2018, 08:18:04 »
I'm a little worried that the description required so much name-dropping of famous movies. It's like, "It'll be great. I promise. No really. It *will* be great."

I thought maybe she's the "an extravagant fairy-godmother"?  ::)
According to Wikipedia, there will be a fairy godmother.   ::)

Today the characters could be transgenders, though that is most probably not what he meant.
The one in the suit could go either way, although I think that might be Daniel Radcliffe's character since he is the "secret agent."

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2018, 08:58:27 »
I mean it has four characters, of which one is female. And I suspect the robot will be 'male' too.

The main character is female though and I'm assuming the lady knight isn't her.

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2018, 09:54:39 »
I think she might be. I'm not seeing any mention of a knight, so perhaps it's Marla in a knight outfit.

There's Marla, her brother, a secret agent, a food truck guy, a robot, a fairy godmother, and an evil Roman emperor. No mention of where the Viking comes in. So, yeah, the female characters are looking exactly like Super 4: a chick with a sword and a fairy.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2018, 10:00:17 »
No mention of where the Viking comes in.

So far, he is the most promising one, imo..  :love:

So, yeah, the female characters are looking exactly like Super 4: a chick with a sword and a fairy.

As long as they don't stupify them, as they did with Twinkle and Ruby...

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2018, 19:07:43 »
Is it already sure there will be a theme or sets based on this movie?
It sounds logical they´d make such sets, but if the film would turn out not to be the expected success...

The movie will be released in August next year in Europe, which means that the sets should be teased in the first half year catalogue of 2019. After all: if the Super 4 sets can sell (and be honest, those sets are damn weird...) than sets based on a movie will sell as well + they seem to finally learn from Lego, that was about time...
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2018, 19:13:22 »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

YEEEEEEES :lol: I actually enjoy that type of animation movies, if done properly! After all, those movies are really popular with kids right now! And that's the audience they focus on. On the other hand I'm sure there will be some nostalgious vibes for the adults, the director asked some questions about Playmobil on his Twitter.
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2018, 19:30:21 »
I generally find musicals stupid - something is happening... and they start to sing?! Puhlease.

But that's just me.. As to the movies they mention.. well.. hated Frozen, Brave started great but was awful.. and I can't remember Tangled at all  :-[

Still... klickys moving, I'm in. ;D

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2018, 14:05:52 »
I mean it has four characters, of which one is female. And I suspect the robot will be 'male' too.

What is this, 2008? Never assume anyone’s gender. The tuxedo person could be a woman, for all we know. Or an inbetween, or whatever it is they call themselves nowadays.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2018, 00:00:25 »
I think she might be. I'm not seeing any mention of a knight, so perhaps it's Marla in a knight outfit.

I thought that that might be Marla when I saw this too. The hair bow in particular makes it look like she wouldn't fit into a traditional Knights-themed world and so is probably not a normal Playmobil figure (in the world of the film). In any case, that figure should be nice!
~Pynedor~

Offline Redmao

• Playmo Lover
  • Playmo adventurer
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2018, 12:31:12 »
The teaser for the movie has been released!
movie.playmobil.com

Looks fun, the characters are very nice and I'm looking forward to the movie theme sets.