Author Topic: LuxPlaymodays 2014  (Read 9593 times)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
LuxPlaymodays 2014
« on: August 12, 2014, 05:52:14 »
Good morning dear Friends  :wave:

I will be attending the event on Saturday August 23rd 2014  :)

If you would like to meet me, please do let me know at which stand you will be or by which diorama as unlike you who may know me from the pictures of my travels, I have not had the pleasure to meet you in person...yet   :love:

See you there !

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
Re: LuxPlaymodays 2014
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 20:42:01 »
I pm'ed you  ;)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 06:16:41 »
Good morning dear Friends  :wave:

I will be tomorrow living a dream of many of our Playmofriends while visiting the LuxPlaymoDays exhibition in Clémency  :love:

Altjough I have been a member of PF since 2009 and often updated threads with pictures of wonderful dioramas from around the globe, this will the very first time that I actually visit a Playmo exhibition and certainly the very first time that I will get a chance to meet a Playmofriend in person and I cannot possibly tell you the feeling and the joy it will be for me when I will be entering the exhibition hall tomorrow morning  :cloud9:

I will be meeting our dear Birdie, and many other Friends such as Incador, Playmalines, Isa & Jean Mi, and certainly more...

I have been thrilled about this meeting for weeks and I will think of all of you tomorrow and will try my very best in sharing this wonderful experience with pictures and comments so that you can walk relive the experience  ;)

See you very soon dear Friends  :wave:

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Mitri

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 11:45:56 »
I used to say Luxplaymodays was the expo with the best dioramas around. But then I saw the dioramas from the big anniversary expo in Germany, and the Victorian setup there is pretty much unbeatable, I think.
Prove me wrong Luxplaymo.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 02:52:04 »
Good morning dear Friend  :wave:

What matters to me is the human factor and that I will get a chance to see & meet in person Playmofriends such as Birdie, Lazoutte, Incador, Jean Mi & Isa, Playmalines and this simply cannot be put into words  :love:

I feel just like finally meeting members of a Family of which I belong to since 2009 and longer if you consider that my first customizations are dating back to 2006...

I did not get a chance to attend the Zindorf meeting in which I would have loved to meet the Playmoworld's favorite T-Rex & Friends but I will make it one day and until then, I will cherish every second of my experience in Clémency.

I have attended and taken part in a few Miniature Artisans fairs & shows such as the UK Miniatura in Birmingham but I believe that LuxPlaymoDays will be someting that will "blow my socks away" so to speak and you can already picture me with a smile and amazement on my face all day long  ;D

My dear Friend Lazoutte will give me the 3 wonderful figures she customized for my project which I will bring back home like the true treasures they are; just like the happy memories of a day I have been looking for for weeks  :love:

So here we are dear Friends, I will be heading towards Clémency in just a few hours and will try my very best at taking you along with me in this discovery of my very first Playmo exhibition...

Have a great week-end  8-)

Karim :wave:

Offline sunflower

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 04:59:55 »
Wishing you and all the others a good time at the Playmoluxdays! Have fun.
life in plastic it's fantastic

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 18:26:45 »

Truly Magical  :love:

I have been looking forward to visiting the PlaymoLuxDays exhibitions for weeks and had great hopes that it would turn out to be a day to remember and cherish for me, not only interms of the discovering the wonderfuls dioramas but above all to finally get a chance to meet Friends from the Playmobil Community & Forums, most of these friendships dating back as far as 2009, when I was invited to open the magical door...

And I must say tonight that all my hopes & expectations with regards to this day were by far exceeded by the wonderful, warm & genuine welcome which I received in Clémency today which simply made me feel that I was part of a Family, a wonderful Family !

Clémency is a rural little town set in the lush countryside of Luxembourg, and the road leading to it, a very picturesque one wit pictures of fields, little hamlets & cattle herds. The directions which Claude Hengel provided me with were spot on and I found my way to the exhibition hall without any difficulty at all.

The approach to the PlaymoLuxDays exhibition starts with a little sign on the road side and then one just has to follow the happy & busy conversations to the hall with stalls starting right on its doorstep facing a great giant barbecue area on which delicious white German sausages will be grilled to perfection and served into yummy hotdogs & fries and not to forget a great cafeteria where one can chill out or sit down for a chat around soft drinks or a pint of beer...

And the last procedure before reaching the Holy Grail was getting my entrance ticket with the traditional stamp on the top of my hand featuring a Playmo Builder,I believe  :lol:

And from my first step Inside the exhibition hall, everything went very fast as I was immediately greeted by the charming Ute and then many of my Friends such as Playmalines, Rolando, Incador, Bourriquet Playmo, Jean Mi & Isa, Derfrag, Lazoutte, Amandine and many more.

Meeting all these wonderful individuals in person is a feeling that cannot be put into words and simply but experienced and I would encourage all of you who have the possibility to visit a Playmo Exhibition, to do it and you will enjoy every second of it !

The Dioramists will be delighted to have a chat with you about their work and what inspired their current diorama and what was involved in the process of creating one.

How could anyone possibly choose amongst the 16 amazing dioramas on display ranging from 2 square meters up to 50 square meters,  created by members from Luxembourg , Belgium , France , Germany , Netherlands et Spain, dioramas covering half the 1000 square meters of the exhibition hall, the other haf being dedicated to no less than 120 tables selling everything Playmobil from large new or mint in box set to the tiniest accessory ( I found great Playmobil Victorian accessories and even a set I was looking for at a great price ! )

Dioramas are first being approached as their own individual world as if our eyes were a pair of drones flying over the landscape and then the eye sink into hundreds if not thousands of amazing little détails all lovingly put together by their Creator. And though the exhibition hall can soon be a very busy place indeed, it is really easy to find yourself lost in the moment admiring the détails of a scene.

I invite you to follow my footsteps as I am discovering the fantastic world of the LuxPlaymoDays 2014 exhibition  :)

Starting with Rolando's wonderful Route 66 diorama, the magnificent "North &South diorama" featuring great maritime scenes, Playmo Family's shopping center, the amazingly detailed 1925 Brewery by Playmalines, the very original 4 Weddings & a Funeral by Amandine, the Roman inspired Ostia diorama by Michael Binck, the incredible Playmo Museum, the enchanting Exo Planet Taracani or the Fairies Under Attack created by Incador & Ratatouille, the breathtaking Noah's Ark after after tide by Brubil or the happy & colorful Music Academy  or the largest diorama of the exhibition, Anibal and its parade with war éléphants which defies superlatives  :love:...

"Route 66 Diorama"

Karim
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 03:59:23 by playmovictorian »

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 19:30:39 »

"North & South Maritime Scènes Diorama"

Karim
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 02:39:33 by playmovictorian »

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 19:34:11 »

The Modern Shopping Center Diorama

Karim
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 04:02:22 by playmovictorian »

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 19:55:22 »

Playmovictorian & Playmalines meeting at last !

The magnificent 1925 Brewery Diorama !

Karim
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 04:05:11 by playmovictorian »